cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biggles3124
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport on the Box ?

I have just spent an incredibly frustrating 2 hours on the telephone with various branches of BT in Scotland, India and Timbuctoo.

When I changed my BT package this week I was told that despite only having about 6.3 internet speed I could now receive BT Sport via my BT Vision Box (Humax) and my TV.  Channels have been given such as 58/59/ 507/508/509 etc and after getting an Order Number yesterday I was told the service would be on line free of charge within a few hours. fibre

I cannot find any of these Channels on program list for YouView.

I have been told so many stories by different BT 'experts' that my head is spinning. One BT expert insisted that no way could I have BT Sport on my TV except via fibre optic high speed internet which is not obtainable in my area.

Can someone please confirm that I can receive BT Sport via my BT Vision/Humax box and displayed on my TV.  How do I find it please ?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport on the Box ?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Next time you get thro to Timbuktu, ask for Wally, he`s the Tv expert in that area.
0 Ratings
Biggles3124
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I found all the Wallys I need for one week in the BT Call Centres wherever they are!

0 Ratings
Biggles3124
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Thanks Stu

I do have a BT Sport card but have not used it since buying the newer Humax set from BT last year which of course does not have a slot for the card - hence no BT Sport via the box.  This week I did signed for the new internet service but do not have of the channels you mention - as per original query.

Is anyone out there receiving BT Sport 1 and 2 via the BT Humax box in a Non-Infinity area - my speed  is 6.3 thingees again as I said in my oprigina lquery

Thanks

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

there is a BT help page

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45378/~/bt-sport-over-broadband-explained

I would have thought that your Youview box would have needed to receive a software update to modify the ISP profile so that the BT Sports channels would be loaded in the EPG. If you cannot see the channels (507-509) I suggest you check to see if there are any software update available under Settings  > Device Management > Software Update

If there isn't check Settings > System Information > Software Versions  and advise when your software was last updated and what is the ISP configuration.

As you have an order number you might want to check what status your order is showing. 

Also what HomeHub do you have ?

0 Ratings
Biggles3124
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Thank you Zulu Expert.  At last this morning I reached the first sensible and knowledgable Scottish lady at the BT Call Centre.

I gave her my Order Number and she confirmed that only under new and special circumstances BT can offer a SD version of BT Sport via BT Vision boxes on to TVs direct.

I am unfortunately not in the right area so must wait until until Infinity reaches us in darkest  North Hampshire.

So we are watching MotoGP as usual via iPad projected via Apple TV on to our TV which is really quite good.

Thanks everybody for help.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

OK, I can only presume that your exchange is not multicast enabled for ADSL. Perhaps not the answer you wanted, but at least you can watch BT Sports.

Stew
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

If the service isn't available for your line then why did the system accept your order in the first place? BT really do make life difficult for themselves at times.

Try entering your phone number in the BT Wholesale Availability Checker.

• If FTTC (Infinity uses this) and Fibre Multicast services are available then we suspect that BT will not provide the ADSL TV service as you have the option to upgrade to Infinity and the Infinity TV service.
  • If only ADSL2+ and Copper Multicast are available and your speed is above 5.5Mbps then in theory BT can provide the ADSL TV service.
  • If only ADSL2+ is available then we think the ADSL TV service won't be available as it needs the Copper Multicast.

So you should be able to work out why BT said it isn't available to you? You can check again at any time in future to see if things have changed.

BTTV-Multicast-Checker.jpg

0 Ratings