cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Sport online from a PC running Windows XP can it be done?

Have a look at 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523

also i,ve found a link for the Silverlight error codes which I believe is permissible to post

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc838192(v=vs.95).aspx

0 Ratings
bzcbzc
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Hi Zulu17

Thanks for these two posts.  I have now looked at the DRM Developer notes including the Error Codes Listing.  I have also looked at the Silverlight notes on how to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight.

I have done this very recently but using Windows Uninstall.  Since your note I have tried to use the automated metod which adresses corruption but I hit a brick wall early on because my computer does not have the software needed to open and run a file extension in this uninstall procedure.

However, I don't think that it is a problem in Silverlight but more likely to be something on my computer that is preventing the licence downloaded from BT not to work correctly.  What do you think?

Many thanks again for all your help.

0 Ratings
Vetch
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Have you tried making sure your video drivers are up to date, my pc wouldl play the Silverlight test page but not BT sport. Also make sure your pc clock is set correctly.

These two things allowed me to view BT Sport. You have probably done them both but I thought I'd mention it because it worked for me.

I have XP and IE 8 and now it seems to be working fine.

0 Ratings
Pudsey-Bear
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Hi all I have 2 machines both run xpsp3 using firefox the difference is 32bit and 64bit. no probs with 64bit but constant error codes with 32bit machine. Could this be the answer?

0 Ratings
bzcbzc
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Hi Vetch

Thanks for your suggestion about making sure that my Video Drivers are up to date.  My driver is Radeon X300 series and I wonder where you go to update your drivers?  Everyone seems to be selling PC performance software.

Also thanks to Pudsey Bear but I know that it is not a 32 bit 64bit issue because both my laptop which will show BT Sport and my desktop, which won't, are both 32 bit machines. 

0 Ratings
paulchappo
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

I had BT Sport working with IE8 under Windows XP and then it stopped working and gave a 6003 error.

After many happy hours of fiddling I managed to get it working again........

You need Microsoft Silverlight version 5.0.61118 which you can download from http://www.oldapps.com/silverlight.php

Before you install this you must delete any previous version of Silverlight, tt's also worth using regedit to remove any registry references to Silverlight

You'll need to delete the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady.  Delete the folder not just the mspr.hds file.

Synchronise the Internet Time

Delete Browsing History, Cache, etc

Then reboot your machine and it should work.

You may get a 6025 error but just press Continue and it worked for me.

So BT Sport does work under Windows XP on an old Advent T9 Desktop Computer running Windws XP SP3 with IE8.

0 Ratings
Wilky
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Bt sport will not work on both my xp or windows 7 machines
0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 18

I must be one of the few Bt Cutomers able to receive BT Sport without any problems. My Desktop PC runs Linux Ubuntu 12.04 and with pipelight installed I can get Bt Sport OK. I do have to delete the PlayReady folder after each login to BT Sport, but it does work.

My old Phillips laptop runs XP(SP3) with a 32bit system, Secure Wireless connection, a 1.66 Ghtz processor, with 2gb RAM. Silverlight is version 5.1. I can honestly say I have never had a problem watching BT Sport on the laptop.

The final cherry on the cake is that I can get BT Sport on my Kindle Fire HD,which I can plug in to my LG Smart TV. BT still insist that their app is not supported for the Kindle Fire HD!!

Bt Sport via BT Vision+ box has never been a problem.( I do have infinity Broadband)

I have read through the various Forum postings, and it is crystal clear that many BT cutomers have been given the most apalling advice concerning their BT Sport problems.

I cannot but foresee a massive rise in Telephone charges, because BT will suffer huge losses when they start stumping up for Motor GP, Champioms and Europa leagues. Do they seriously expect to retain customers when they start charging for BT Sport, as they surely will have to, to cover their financial outlay to challenge Sky? They certainly will not increase their sale of Broadband,looking at their current woes. Oh dear, back to Virgin I suppose !

0 Ratings