Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heavy_Metal_Blue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

BT Sport recordings cutting short on Youview + Box

Hope that someone can help.

I recently upgraded to BT Infinity and have a Youview + box and I am also a massive basketball fan and coach.  However I am getting extremely annoyed in that when I set BT SPORT or ESPN to record the overr night basketball, I am losing the last 5 to 10 minutes of the program on the recording.

I have even set the system to record the next program but still miss the end of the game.

Case in point was last nights Celebrity NBA All Star game.  As the game over ran (or the program time over ran, from the guide) I missed the end of the game and presentation.

I have gone into the recordings section to edit the recordings (the old BT vision box allowed you to extend the end program time by 5 minutes to half an hour), but all the edit recordings on BT VISION does is allow you to cancel the program or series record.

Anyone goe anyideas?  By box is upto date with the latest channel list and software.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 29

Re: BT Sport recordings cutting short on Youview + Box

Hi Heavy_Metal_Blue,

Thanks for posting and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your recordings.  This was an issue but it should be sorted out now.  Can you confirm that your recordings are ok now?

An update was released to sort it out.  Check you're on the latest version which is below:

Manufacturer software: 20.9.30

Component software: 2.8.18

Platform configuration: 1234

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
sbenis
Beginner
Message 3 of 29

Hi, 

I have had, and still do have the same issue. games get cut short to sometimes missing the whole last quarter. 

The issue seems not solved at all and with the playoff coming up soon it is quite annoying.

Sergio

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 29

SOP is to record the following programme too.
0 Ratings
sbenis
Beginner
Message 5 of 29

Not really a solution... esepcially if you set "record serie" in which case you need to check every day what is on after.

In short the reocrding funcitonality is not working as it should, there is no other way to put it

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 29

Depends if you are really interested in catching all the action or not.
0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 7 of 29

The same thing happened tonight 12/4/15 with the Americas MotoGP races, the last 12 laps were cut off. Which was very annoying to say the least.

Also you can't just record just one of the 3 races, the programme is in one 4 hour 15 minuet lump and as it's an Internet channel you have to trawl though the whole recording to see the last race.
0 Ratings
smcbeath
Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Same issue here yet again, had the same problem with the indy cars 2 weeks ago. For the moto gp my recording had 30 mins to show 21 laps, was never going to happen. How hard would it be to give every program a pin id and when it goes live your box records until the program goes of air/the pin turns off?

Common BT sort it out.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 29

No you don't. From the Recordings Screen you can position the Play Point to where you need it to be either by entering the elapsed time or by using the arrows keys. Look at the MotoGP website to see the race timetable to help you decide how far in to the recording to go.

On a sporting note, if you are not watching two of the three races you are missing out on much more than two thirds of the action.
0 Ratings
sbenis
Beginner
Message 10 of 29

So, there is no solution and BT is not going to sort it out?  Seems another good reason to look at other providers

0 Ratings