Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport - still appears on bill

Go to solution

John from the brilliant BT team in Ireland recently helped me cancel some unneeded BT Cloud Storage and, while doing so, kindly took my request to cancel BT Sport from my broadband package as I never watch it. Sure enough, it's no longer accessible on the Sky EPG. But it's still on my latest bill, charged in advance for 2nd-18th September. John cancelled it while I was on the phone back on 19th August so I wouldn't have expected to see that. I wouldn't fuss but I know from previous years that the free BT Sport is used as a lever to get you to renew broadband for 12 months so would rather be sure it's gone before my broadband comes up for renewal soon.  Grateful for any advice or assistance. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport - still appears on bill

Go to solution

@wdblue I'll let @JohnC2 know that you've posted and he'll get that sorted for you. 

0 Ratings
wdblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
That's great Neil, thank you.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @wdblue Welcome back 🙂 There should be no charge connected to the BT Sport. Please can you check and advise?

As I deleted it on on the 19th of August it will disappear from your account completely on the 18th September.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
wdblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi John. You're right, there's no charge against it. It was just that it was still showing as one of my services. I see what you mean: that it'll cease on that specific date and presumably won't appear on my next bill. Thanks for your help again.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @wdblue Thanks for checking that and posting back. It only shows as BT Sport has a 30 day notice period. You won't see it on the next bill.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings