Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polopolo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Sport stream quality. Online APP vs TV Box

Go to solution

Hi,

I am watching bt sport through the Android APP which is great but the stream is not as good as we can expect. (Frame per second doesn't look like netflix or live tv). I don't watch directly on my phone but I chromecast to a TV but if I do watch it on my phone it's not very different.

If I go for the TV Box with the total entertainement package. Can I expect a much better quality when watching on my TV ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Martin--W
Retired BT Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Sport stream quality. Online APP vs TV Box

Go to solution

Hello @polopolo

If your package includes the BT Sport channels in HD, the picture quality is as good as you would expect with any other HD channel - although this does need a stable broadband connection.

If you are able to get a fast broadband speed (approx 44mb) you may also be able to get the UHD (4k) sport channel (if you have a 4k TV of course.) Whilst I am not a huge sports fan, I do find myself watching BT Sport UHD just becuase I find the picture quality so amazing!

If you do upgrade and have any problems or are struggling for assistance, please get in touch.

Martin.

0 Ratings
polopolo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Sport stream quality. Online APP vs TV Box

Go to solution

Hi,

I bought the package but I am not very happy because the salesperson said that Bt sport 4k should work with my powerline (Devole 1200MB/s) but it doesn't. I don't know why. It works if I plug it directly to the box but unfortunately it is very far from my TV.

0 Ratings