cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

BT Sport through Sky Box question?

I am thinking of getting BT broadband so I get the free BT Sport HD through my Sky box.

My question is do I need a Sky subscription for it to work?

I am now out of subscription but my sky box still works and I have my viewing card number still..

Thanks

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 30

Re: BT Sport through Sky Box question?

I can answer that in this miasma of confusion. You don't need a Sky sub. You won't be able to record of course.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 30

@stuartrogerson wrote:
I can answer that in this miasma of confusion. You don't need a Sky sub. You won't be able to record of course.

That isn't really a big deal for sports channels. Sport is hardly ever recorded.

Although having said that, if you are watching it in SD anyway then you can record to an external device on a Sky box.

I think a lot of people are going to have sky TV sub and have BT broadband. It is a no brainer really.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 30

You have made this statement before and it is nonsense. I always record the sport I want to watch.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 30

@stuartrogerson wrote:
You have made this statement before and it is nonsense. I always record the sport I want to watch.

I would be interested to hear how what you do in any negates my general point about sports viewers in general.

Generally speaking, sport is watched live. The number of people who record Man City vs Man Utd, for example, will be a tiny number compared to the millions who will watch it live.

You say you record sport and that is fair enough but you aren't representative of the majority of people. I have had sports channels for years and can't remember ever recording anything on them.

Having said that, obviously being able to record and pause is desirable but it isn't a deal breaker. Most people could happily run a non-sub sky box and just watch their free BT Sports live. And like I said, the channels could be recorded to an external device in SD anyway.

I think BT have played a blinder here. Apart from anything else, they have probably given a use to old sky boxes that were put away in a cupboard.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 30

I never watch football. There are other sports! How do you record via a Sky box etc

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 30

Slay wrote:

You say you record sport and that is fair enough but you aren't representative of the majority of people. I have had sports channels for years and can't remember ever recording anything on them.

Does that mean you are representative of the majority then?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 30

@stuartrogerson wrote:
I never watch football. There are other sports! How do you record via a Sky box etc

You simply connect your sky box to an external recording device like a DVD recorder. Of course it would only be SD but it is better than nothing if recording is what you want.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 30

@pottyperson wrote:

@Slay wrote:

Does that mean you are representative of the majority then?

Yes, because in general people don't record sport.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 30

I bow to your superior knowledge.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings