cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD123
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Sport via iPad lightning HDMI

I have the same issue as everyone else in this thread. Yet another major drawback to being a BT customer, no apparent workaround either as i have not changed any settings on my TV or iPad. Can only assume that somewhere amongst the continual Apple upgrades there is a glitch that shows screen mirroring as enabled on the iPad, as to enable it on my TV requires on screen selection first and I haven't done that.

Whatever, BT must be aware of this and resolve it. There must have been loads of people using iPads to watch BT sport on TV via lightning cable who are now unable to do so. Very irritating and I still don't see why I can't have BT sport through the Youview box either. This would mean I could ditch the app when watching sport at home.

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Another frustrated user. Having spent several fruitless weeks trying to get the app to cast to an EZ Cast dongle without success, I but the bullet and purchased the Lightning to HDMI cable. No problems a few months ago when I first bought the cable, then tonight for the first time in a while, I tried to watch the live game with exactly the same message.

As it looks as if BT have no desire to help customers, coupled with the incessant VC010 messages I am getting whilst using the Home Hub 3, when my current contract is up with BT I'll be off to another provider - I can live without Premiership football!!!

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

If you want to cast the BT Sport app to your TV then either using Chromecast or Apple TV are options. Mirroring of mobile device screens appears  to be restricted when accessing live BT channels via the Android or IOS  apps. 

0 Ratings
Grassmarket
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Success! BT have now refunded me the £39 I spent on the Lightning HDMI cable that (as we all know) no longer works. This was after I contacted a) Apple Care in US & b) the BT CEO's office (Gavin Patterson). BT people then investigated & confirmed that a change was indeed made to the BT Sport software to prevent mirroring. The official reason given to me was "to improve the viewing experience on large screens" (ie picture quality not good on large screens via mirroring); the unofficial reason given was to prevent commercial abuse. These reasons raise all sorts of further questions & inconsistencies, but at least we know where we stand.

0 Ratings
jskinners
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

I also have had the same problem since middle of last year but I havn't got the will to start phoning BT as I have also got my broad band with them and have to phone about that too often as it is.

I suggest that Bt stick to phones and leave the TV to the BBC like the old days, I would willingly pay extra to the bbc to have them cover the Moto gp again.

0 Ratings
jskinners
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

What procedure did you go through to get YOur £39.00 back?

Have you found an alternative for watching on youtv through your Ipad

@Grassmarket wrote:

Success! BT have now refunded me the £39 I spent on the Lightning HDMI cable that (as we all know) no longer works. This was after I contacted a) Apple Care in US & b) the BT CEO's office (Gavin Patterson). BT people then investigated & confirmed that a change was indeed made to the BT Sport software to prevent mirroring. The official reason given to me was "to improve the viewing experience on large screens" (ie picture quality not good on large screens via mirroring); the unofficial reason given was to prevent commercial abuse. These reasons raise all sorts of further questions & inconsistencies, but at least we know where we stand.

0 Ratings
Timbo64
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

Hmmmm ! Anything to do with why there is no Smart TV App ! BT just wants people to pay some more money for BTTV. Come on BT. Release an App & sort this out.

We are paying for it, after all.

0 Ratings