cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosie-Charlie
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport without Sky subscription but with Humax box

We have BT TV including all BT Sport (with BT YouView facility). If we cancel our Sky subscription and replace our Sky+ box with a Humax Freesat box, will we still be able to view all BT Sport programmes?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport without Sky subscription but with Humax box

To watch BT Sport via satellite, you need an active Sky viewing card that the subscription can be added to.  That doesn't mean that you actually have to pay Sky for TV any more, but you have to have the card, and a box that accepts it.

0 Ratings
Rosie-Charlie
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Ectophile. Does this mean I have to retain my SKY + box (to take the new viewing card you suggest), the Freesat box which I am about to buy, and my YouView box that was supplied to me by BT?. Can I use the existing viewing card that I currently have in the SKY+ box.
0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

@Rosie-Charlie wrote:
Thanks Ectophile. Does this mean I have to retain my SKY + box (to take the new viewing card you suggest), the Freesat box which I am about to buy, and my YouView box that was supplied to me by BT?. Can I use the existing viewing card that I currently have in the SKY+ box.

When you cancel Sky your current card becomes a Freesat from Sky card which you can still use to receive BT Sport. To use the card you will need a box that it fits in. The easiest way is for you to retain your Sky box, although you will not be able to record with it.

The Humax freesat boxes (I have the older Foxsat HD and Foxsat HDR) do not have a slot for the Sky card.

0 Ratings
Rosie-Charlie
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Chime will now take further.
0 Ratings