Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djcla
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport without sky subscription

Go to solution

Hi

I have recently cancelled my Sky subs and just going to pay for the £10 a month ability to record but wanted to still be able to view BT Sports.  Reading online and speaking to advisors leave s me wondering if it will actually work or not.  I have read that it should work if you have freesat from SKy but im ot sure if it will work if i have just got the record facuility enabled.   I wont find out until June when i get cut off.  Can anyone advise?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport without sky subscription

Go to solution

You should be able to get BT Sport

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Or if you can get Infinity you can have it on a Youview box

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
djcla
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
No infinity, I long for the day I get decent broadband
0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
I receive BT Sport and have FreesatfromSky. It's the only viewing I use the box for. Mine is only a receiver so don't know if you'll be able to record BT Sport.

chime
0 Ratings
djcla
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
Spewy
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

The Sky channels have went off today and BT sports channel has message saying 'no signal being received' so unsure if this is the same dish related issue i was having with Sky or you cant actaully get BT without a subscription??

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Sounds like your dish is the problem, (BT Sport is on a transponder which has a weak signal). Your best bet would be to book an engineer to check the alignment, LNB and cabling.

0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Over the last two days lots of channels have been transferred to a new satellite. Not sure if this is causing the problem but could well be.

See http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/final-stages-of-satellite-transfer.html

0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@Hunter2660 wrote:

BT Sport is on a transponder which has a weak signal

Not any more, for UK viewers. They have been moved.

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/satellite-update-astra-2g-is-live-big.html#more

for details.

0 Ratings