cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikejrowe
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport

I have successfully used the Smart phone app on my HTC One S. It works OK apart from the audio being out of sync with the video and there being no way to adjust the delay.

However I am having difficulty using the on line video player on my laptop. The system will load up the home page and show the programmes available on Sport 1, Sport 2 and ESPN. If I select any of the programmes to watch I get the rotating activity indication for about 1 min. followed by the message "error 6025". If I then press "continue" after a further 1 min. the programme appears but repeatedly drops out and is generally of low quality.

My laptop has windows 8 installed and has a wired connection to the Home Hub.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport

Hi, welcome to the forum. This has been a common problem since the launch.

Reset your hub,and then keep trying the continue option, it should come good. It has for others.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

For lots of people the online player seems to work fine, but for many others, me included, it's a waste of time, constantly freezing and jerking. Sadly, I don't think BT give a you know what - compare it to any other online player, i.e. Sky Sports and it's a joke. The choice of a discredited product like Silverlight was also extraordinary.
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

What download speed are you getting? Also i would suggest clearing the cookies. This also helps.

0 Ratings
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Not sure who you're asking but I get between 5mb to 6mb. Which as I've said works fine with any other player. But over the weekend I tried it at a family members house who was getting over 22mb and it was just the same! Frankly I'm just about ready to give up on BT Sport - it's more trouble than it's worth.
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

I was asking the thread starter as it happens, but since your on, i am using a laptop which is about 4 years old, connected wirelessly to the hub and all 3 channels are crystal clear.

I dont know why, but i'm just pointing out its not the same for everyone. Obviously BT have totally ballsed up this launch, you only need to look at this forum to see that.

I can only hope for all the people having problems that they get sorted out before the REAL reason we all wanted sports starts on the 17th.

0 Ratings
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I'm genuinely happy that for many others the service works fine - but surely BT should make sure it works for ALL customers? To be honest I don't think I'm even gonna try it again, certainly not until 17th, cos it just winds me up! I don't hold up hope though cos like I said I don't think BT care if a relatively small percentage of their customers can't use this service.
0 Ratings
mikejrowe
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for your comments. The problem I have seems to be due to incompatibility of Silverlight and Windows 8 even when running in Desktop mode. My download speeds are about 30 Mbs and there are no problems with BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4 OD and Demand 5. As you suggest repeated pressing of the Continue prompt will obtain the programme but it is not stable.

Is BT aware of this problem and are there any fixes?

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 12

@mikejrowe wrote:

Thanks for your comments. The problem I have seems to be due to incompatibility of Silverlight and Windows 8 even when running in Desktop mode.

Of course Silverlight works with Windows 8! http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/silverlight-not-working-on-wi...

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
blownfuse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Beginner,

Try installing Goggle Chrome if your not already doing it. When you install it it, for reasons unknown, applies SilverLight 5 and another version of Java which my computer already had but refused to work . Anyway after wasting a week of my life trying to get it running ringing BT hee,r there and everywhere it seems to work now. Simple I know but it worked for me.

0 Ratings