Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Sports App - juddering and stuttering on Google TV, and Sony Android TV

Hello, looking for advice.

I've recently started using the BT Sports app and have been using it on:

• Google TV device
  • Sony Bravia Android TV (XF9005) 2018 TV (the Google TV is connected to this set)

Unfortunately my experience so far has been incredibly poor. I use it to watch football essentially, and to be frank, viewing has been unwatchable. The video is extremely juddery, stutters, and jumpy.

Experience of using the app via my Firestick on the other hand, (attached to a very old Sony TV) has been flawless. 

All other apps are fine, and both the Sony TV and Google TV are attached to my router via ethernet (200MB speed), so bandwidth ought not be an issue.

Is there something with my settings that could be causing this terrible viewing experience? No other apps, on either the TV or the Google TV have any issues whatsoever, with top notch 4k quality streaming from iPlayer, Disney, Netflix, NowTV etc.

Grateful for any assitance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Sports App - juddering and stuttering on Google TV, and Sony Android TV

Hello, 

I've had the same issue with Samsung. Chromecast working, now tv stick often does but samsung app rubbish. 

Only time the app has done a smooth 50fps was when I watched via enhanced player and didn't watch live. 

I'd wait for a developer advice but I don't think the app has been able to cope since changes over the summer to add enhanced player. 

I'm sure I'd speak for most when I'd happily lose the enhanced player and some features that aren't used much if it meant I got a crystal clear, non juddery picture again.