Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Sports On Sky Viewing Card before BT Infinity Installation

Hi,

I have just ordered BT unlimited infinity 2 and found out the earliest installation date is 1st April Smiley Frustrated so I was wondering can I setup my free BT sports on my sky viewing card before then?

As if I have to wait till the 1st April then that means I miss a fair few premier league & NBA games and the whole point of me migrating over from Virgin media was for the free sports.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Alex

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sports On Sky Viewing Card before BT Infinity Installation

Any advise?

I did ring up and the adviser wasn't sure and  said they could try, which i will when my sky is active on Saturday.

If it doesn't work i am thinking bt can surely put me on as a subscriber as a work around (till i get my infinity installed)?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 6

I think the lack of response indicates that we are not so sure either.
The crunch bit is, to get BT Sports you need to be a BT broadband subscriber. To get BT Sports on your Sky Box you need to have an active Sky account. So my only advise is to try and get a helpful CS person on Saturday.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Will do thanks for the reply, i will post a reply with the outcome.

Ta,

Alex

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Earlier resposes to similar questions from a few months back suggest that you will have to wait

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/Trying-to-order-BT-Sport-through-Sky/m-p/1000852/hig...

However that is from a few months back so it is probably worth checking again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Morning All,

I managed to get this to work via phoning up BT, but it was a tad painful but happy i have it up and running.

I did try to do this on the website by adding BT sports but this didn't work as my phone line wasn't active yet (installation date of 1st April) so i called up BT praying i would find a useful person on the end of the phone line initially the question was a tad foriegn and she went away to ask and came back with becuase i didn't order at point of sale i couldn't have it added (i was told before i ordered i could) to which she said i could cancel and reorder tomorrow and i said how about you add the BT sports as a new subscriber and then credit me back until my order completes as you can access online pretty much straight away so she went away and did some more digging and eventually cancelled my order and then resubmitted it and withtin 10 mintues i had HD BT sports on my Sky viewing card.

However a couple of downsides my installtion date got moved a further 8 days away and the Sainsburys Offer of £100 pounds gift card isn't valid anymore but she kindly said to raise a letter of complaint as it's not my fault that the system can't add additional packages until it completes (even though it is free).

All in all reasonably happy just need to sort out the £100 Sainsburys voucher and thanks to the kindly lady that helped me out on the phone.

0 Ratings