cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shrimper1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sports

I already have a freesat Humax FOXSAT-HDR box that I purchased from LASKYS in 2010 for £231. Does anyone know if this will access the BT.Sports platform, if I disconnect it from my dish and reconnect it to my rooftop terrestial tv aerial?

If so, this should save me something from BT's set up charge of £40, or their £5/month fee, when the package (I've very recently signed up for) is clearly advertised on tv "as free to existing Bt Infinity customers" (which I am).

p.s. I left SKY some years ago, due to their increasing charges for SKY Sports, etc., I hope it's not a case of here we go again! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
QPRGOD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sports

You won't be able to access BT Sports on a standard freeview box (as far as I'm aware). It'll need to be a BT Vision box or Youview from BT box. It'll be free via the mobile/tablet app or by connecting your PC/laptop to your TV via HDMI.
0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 3 of 5

@Shrimper1 wrote:

I already have a freesat Humax FOXSAT-HDR box that I purchased from LASKYS in 2010 for £231. Does anyone know if this will access the BT.Sports platform, if I disconnect it from my dish and reconnect it to my rooftop terrestial tv aerial?

If so, this should save me something from BT's set up charge of £40, or their £5/month fee, when the package (I've very recently signed up for) is clearly advertised on tv "as free to existing Bt Infinity customers" (which I am).

p.s. I left SKY some years ago, due to their increasing charges for SKY Sports, etc., I hope it's not a case of here we go again! 

Disconnecting it from your dish and connecting it to an aerial won't work at all as different transmission standards are used for each service. The tuners in the box just won't understand the signal and you'll get nowt.

There is no way to use a standard Freesat box to receive BT Sports. You would have to have BT Vision, YouView and Infinity, Freesat from Sky or access it via the web.

0 Ratings
Shrimper1
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I now have a Youview box, having recently signed up for BT Sports TV. I have followed all the instructions, but all I am receiving is the BT Sports TV advert. My activation date was supposed to be 6th August 2013. I have also checked my Freeview connection, which shows three BT Sports channels available, but other than the repeating BT Sports advert on the first channel, and only an ENCRYPTION warning on the other two channels - no other progress.l

Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

If you're with Infinity the channels will be available on channels 507-512. If not the box is unable to decode the encrypted channels 58 and 59 as you need a viewing card, and there's no slot on the YouView box to take it. You'll need a BT Vision box.

0 Ratings