cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT Statement on Box Office Titles

I noticed tonight that on the box office titles, it shows at the bottom that BT gets more new blockbusters months before NowTV and Netflix.

This maybe so, if you're willing to pay for the movie as a box office title, but other than that I think there are a lot less new blockbusters on BT compared to NowTV and Netflix as part of the normal subscription.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Statement on Box Office Titles

Agreed, this is a bit cheeky. You can't compare pay-per-view titles with those in subscription services. BT's film lineup in the normal BT TV subscription is woeful compared to, for example, Netflix.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

@Seamaster wrote:
Agreed, this is a bit cheeky. You can't compare pay-per-view titles with those in subscription services. BT's film lineup in the normal BT TV subscription is woeful compared to, for example, Netflix.

Definitely, they can compare against Sky Store or Blinkbox or any other that PPV to rent box office titles, but not against subscription packages like NowTV, Netflix or even Amazon Instant Video.

The normal content on the standard films for BT TV is poor compared to NowTV which you can see the content available by looking at the Sky Movies package for BT TV, as it is the same service, only difference is on BT TV you can record the content, while NowTV it's streaming only on Youview (but other devices provide live streams as well).

The best part I think from BT is the extra channels and the main feature we use the service for. If it weren't for that I would probably stick with my freesat box along with the Roku 3 (Netflix, Flixster, NowTV) and Xbox (Blinkbox and Amazon Instant Video)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

I agree there could be a little more choice of films on the film service that we pay £5 a month for. Also some older pay per view films could be added to the £5 film and TV box sets. Never used Netfix but I have looked at whats on offer at LoveFilm and loveFilm seem to have a good choice of films. BT do ok with there £5 a month for there films but they could add a little more to that service.

I never tane the Sky Movies bolt on. As for the amount of films that I watch a month I felt £16 a month was a bit much and not worth me paying. For its lucky if I watch 3 or 4 films a month.

My sister who stays about a mile or so from me is more of a film fan.

Im over all 97%/98% happy with the BT TV that I have on Youview.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

I have both Netflix and the bt add on and personally the movies are OK, but would be nice to have more and some newer titles, but that said I find I use the box set part more than the films. I have just watched season 3 of falling skies and am now watching 2 seasons of once upon a time and starting da Vinci's demons and re watching Attenboroughs Africa so all in all I think it is OK value even compared to Netflix, my major problem is I wish they would do some box sets in HD, it would make a huge difference to something like Africa.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

While what you say is true BT isn't lying either as they do have newer movies than now tv or netflix its just as you said you have to rent them 🙂 Blinkbox use exactly the same phrase

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@chipp wrote:

While what you say is true BT isn't lying either as they do have newer movies than now tv or netflix its just as you said you have to rent them 🙂 Blinkbox use exactly the same phrase

Which they can't then really use against these other services as they are subscription based and set fee each month - the standard BT TV does not supply newer films than NowTV or Netflix and that is why I subscribe to those services, because I know I will see films on them before they will ever appear on BT TV. The Box Office titles can only be compared against Sky Store and Blinkbox as they are PPV services and again they don't provide more newer titles than Sky Store but instead the same or less. If NowTV had continued with their Box Office titles themselves and BT did provide newer titles before them, then BT can advertise this, but NowTV stopped their service and now Sky have released the Sky Store.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Totally agree with you I also have netflix and now TV but their statement is true it's just a bit of an unfair comparison
0 Ratings