0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 149

Re: BT TO SCRAP 300GB LIMIT!.

Go to solution

@Brokk wrote:

Yikes, gaming is doomed! This is why I left my previous ISP. 😞

If BT continue to invest then gaming should be fine.  If they decide to hold fire then problems will arise & they will lose customers.  I've a feeling that BT will continue investing though as it's in their best interests.

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 149

Go to solution

I hope BT do not end up like VM having utilisation problems in nearly every exchange in london and populated areas.

Other than that doesn't really make much difference to me, the step from 100gb to 300gb was enough for me πŸ˜›

0 Ratings
pcoventry
Contributor
Message 54 of 149

Go to solution

@KerryG wrote:

Hi everyone

Yes, this is true! BT Total Broadband and BT Infinity customers will benefit from the removal of Fair Usage Policy (FUP) controls when they begin to be removed from April 2011. Once removed, heavy user customers will be able to download/stream as much as they wish without having their speeds restricted.

BT will remove the FUP controls currently applied to customers with β€˜atypical’ usage. Today atypical users are restricted at 300GB usage and account for less than 0.5% of the BT customer base. BT will not target any individuals with restrictions based on usage levels. However, we still have traffic management policies that will restrict certain applications / protocols, such as P2P, when the network is busy.

As BT continues to invest in the network and network bandwidth we can now remove these restrictions and ensure the experience of the wider customer base.

(Note that charges will still apply for going over limits on BT Total Broadband Options 1&2 and BT Infinity Option 1 but traffic will not be managed.)

Thx

Kerry

Thats great! NOW stop lying to ISP's and saying that an exchange VP is " green" when it's crippled at peak times. And do something about it too - "thx"

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 149

Go to solution

@pcoventry wrote:

Thats great! NOW stop lying to ISP's and saying that an exchange VP is " green" when it's crippled at peak times. And do something about it too - "thx"

LOL?

Very rude...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 149

Go to solution
I assume you are referring to BT wholesale who are responsible for VP's not BT retail as you are implying also a VP can go from green to red overnight and it takes time to update data on web sites
jayjay
Contributor
Message 57 of 149

Go to solution

does anyone know if the bt web site on broadband infinity  will be updated to remove of the  f.u.p as clock is ticking away to a new month april round the corner .i mean bt must of know this was in the pipeline you would of fault they would have changed it by now or even brief all staff in uk on this matter as still today i callled them with some knowing and some managers aint a clue never heard of it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 149

Go to solution
Theres no official date other than "April" so best guess is 1st april...
(April fools :D, love to see reactions)
Websites will probally be updated over night.
0 Ratings
jayjay
Contributor
Message 59 of 149

Go to solution

ok thanks for info ad like the sense of humour but alll jokes a side i do hope that newsgroups are not slowed down to the min at peak times or all round 24 -7 with this network management in place as 300 gig now until reached is at full speed what kind of speeds will we be expected on peak due to traffic management

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 149

Go to solution

"full speed what kind of speeds will we be expected on peak due to traffic management" -jayjay 09-03-2011 14h38.

This is the next question, will Bt be able cope and keep up with supply and demand, I suppose only time will tell. 

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings