cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT TV App deletes the wrong recordings from the Youview box

@DarrenDev 

I'd tend to agree that the app is OK and that it's more likely on the box side of things.

I've a spare iPhone I can pair as well so can try that later.

No Android devices I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

@DarrenDev 

Today I've conducted 2 tests using my iPad & an iPhone 5S.

Test 1.

Youview box (T2100) in standby mode with Confirm Delete switched ON.

The list (that matters) was Home & Away (2 eps) , The King of Queens, Money for Nothing , the Big Bang Theory (2 eps) & Dom Delivers.

On the iPad I deleted Money for Nothing and Dom Delivers.

What was actually deleted was King of Queens& Dom Delivers.

Test 2.

Youview box in standby mode and Confirm Delete switched to OFF.

The list was then Money for Nothing (recording) , Home & away as above , Money for Nothing - a different CRID , Big Bang Theory as above , Countdown etc.

On the iPad I deleted the second Money for Nothing & Countdown.

Both these were correctly deleted.

The iPhone 5S was being correctly updated with what was actually deleted as best I could tell what with juggling 2 devices to refresh them.

Conclusion seems to be that Confirm Delete being ON causes the problem. This is obviously not a 100% thorough test to conclusively prove the root of the problem but it's looking likely.

About 25 minutes later I did a repeat of test 2 and again deletion was actioned correctly. Again I then changed the Confirm Delete switch to ON and again the wrong recordings were deleted.

Whether it's significant or not the first item in the list was a series folder where the first recording in there was earlier than any of those I was deleting.

Hopefully your team now has enough to go on with Standby mode & Confirm Deletion being ON as the key ingredients of failure.

I must say that using a T2100 with this new ghastly UI is a very painful experience. On the T4000 it is quicker but still ghastly. I do have a Plusnet remote with a dedicated button for MyTV which helps greatly but with the BT one it's cumbersome getting to your recordings & schedule.

I suspect that a significant portion of users set recordings & view recordings and little else.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

@DarrenDev 

Any progress to report as it's 5 days on from me reporting these further tests?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Sorry, I should have said - the dev team were following this thread too. They've now found the cause (a change in behaviour in iOS 15 we believe) and they're working on a fix.
We have an average dev/test turnaround of about 2 weeks, so I'd estimate a client release around November 9th (depending on any other changes that may also be included).
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

@DarrenDev 

None of my devices are on iOS15 , my iPad is on 14 and the iPhone 5S is on 12.5.4 so I'm inclined to think iOS15 is a red herring.

From my tests Confirm Delete being ON was clearly causing an issue but if they want to waste time considering iOS15 then that's down to them.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

@DarrenDev 

Just done another test with only my iPhone 5S on (12.5.4) and deletions were handled correctly so maybe the issue is with iOS but started in 14 , not 15.

There was another issue with 13 or 14 about pairing the devices as I recall.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Sorry, forgot to update this last week @TimCurtis. You're correct that it started in 14, not 15. The way asynchronous tasks are executed changed in iOS 14, causing the deletion request to occur on the wrong row of the list.
The fix has been tested and will be signed off as part of the next client update currently scheduled for around the 15th (exact date TBC).
Thanks again for highlighting this issue.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

@DarrenDev 

No sign of a fix being released yet, any idea of a date?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Unfortunately the latest Xcode update (to fully support iOS 15) broke a LOT of other features in the app, so that build failed test and was dropped. It's taken a while to fix them all, but we think we're there - we'll know within the next 72 hours when it has completed regression testing.
All going well, we now expect the release to be made on Nov 30th.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

@DarrenDev 

Just installed the new version 4.4.4 on iOS and you’ve broken it for non BT TV users. 
logging on using a BT TV userid is the only way to see the YouView box or select channels or days on the live TV guide 

Great shame that testers don’t do their job properly but that seems typical of modern developers I’m afraid 😞😞

Edit: It's not the app as 4.4.3 behaves the same now, perhaps it's a change on the server side of things.

0 Ratings