cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

@DarrenDev- is there a provisional date you can share for the next firmware upgrade?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 132 of 433

Afraid not

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 433

@DarrenDev wrote:
But you can - open the series so that it shows all the episodes. Scroll across to the one you want to delete. Then press the down arrow on the remote so that it highlights the menu beneath it - of which one of the options is to delete.

Or if you have an Android device, you can install the BT TV app, pair it with your box, and delete recordings from the app instead (*)

* please excuse the shameless plug for my app 🙂

Although I believe the Android app was first , I believe the IOS  BT TV app also enables deletes. I haven,t checked recently  but one word of caution is that the BT TV app didn’t appear to recognise those recordings that the user has locked on their BT Tv Youview box.

0 Ratings
Message 134 of 433

I couldn't remember if the iOS team had caught up yet. 🙂 Good to know they have.
We had originally planned to offer/handle locking in the app too, but it's not available via the remote API.
0 Ratings
Message 135 of 433

My box was faulty and a replacement was due last Friday.  The order just shows 'Delayed' so I chased it with customer services.  I was told there is a stock issue.  Anyone else waiting on an order?

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 433

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the the reply.

I had to wait until I had 2 episodes of a series recorded to confirm.  That drop-down wasn't there  previously, I'm sure.

Also, it might seem I have a beta box, as infra-red remote works on it.

I'm also finding the sound quality awful unless it's a Dolby broadcast, doesn't seem to be adaptive to distinguish. All or nothing. Surround setting is so flat if a normal sound pgm is broadcast. If watching Apple TV via the same soundbar (SL*YGL) it doesnt have that issue. It detects, and sends Dolby sound, else it's std PCM.

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 433

Was this as an existing BT TV customer? I can't see it as an option when I log in to my BT account.

0 Ratings
Message 138 of 433

Yes, existing Customer,  but I changed TV package.

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 433

Nope! But Imight be sending the new box back, so disappointed with the sound.
0 Ratings
Message 140 of 433

I only use the box for BT Sport so not an issue for me - but I have said elsewhere that a 2.0 source sounnds distorted when the Box Pro converts it to 5.1.  It should just pass it thru but it doesn't.

It should do what every other box does and has done - and follow the source.

You should not need to reset it to 2.0 when you view a 2.0 source.

@scharterwrote:

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the the reply.

I had to wait until I had 2 episodes of a series recorded to confirm.  That drop-down wasn't there  previously, I'm sure.

Also, it might seem I have a beta box, as infra-red remote works on it.

I'm also finding the sound quality awful unless it's a Dolby broadcast, doesn't seem to be adaptive to distinguish. All or nothing. Surround setting is so flat if a normal sound pgm is broadcast. If watching Apple TV via the same soundbar (SL*YGL) it doesnt have that issue. It detects, and sends Dolby sound, else it's std PCM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings