Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT TV Entertainment/Multicast query

Go to solution

When I first ordered BT TV I was told I could have the Entertainment Package and BT Sport with my BT Infinity. However, the first order was cancelled by BT (long story) and on re-ordering I was told we could only have the Essential Package and would have to use the app for BT Sport. After asking on many occasions I have finally been told today that this is because my exchange is not multicast enabled. However, on checking on the ADSL availability checker on the BT Wholesale site, using my phone number, it says that both Fibre and Copper multicast are available on my exchange. So why can I not have BT Entertainment and Sport?

Would really appreciate some help! Thank you.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV Entertainment/Multicast query

Go to solution

What kind of speeds are you receiveing?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

Have just run a speed check (wireless) and got 30.75 Mb/s download and 6.34 Mb/s upload.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Well it should work especially for BT Sport. Have you tried ordering online.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Yes I thought I should be able to have both BT Entertainment and BT Sport, and yes I have tried to order BT Sport online but it insists I need BT TV too (which I already have of course), or extra hardware (Powerline Broadband Extenders - which I already have too!). I am wary of trying to upgrade to BT Entertainment online as I have had a long list of issues in the past 2 months since I first placed my order (have called on 10 occasions for various reasons). In fact I was told it was because I ordered online that my initial order was cancelled, even though I had been chatting online with an advisor as I did so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
You may need a Mod to help you. In a couple of days a mod may contact you through a post or someone with a higher rank than me may alert the mods.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I hope so! It would be great to finally get assistance from someone who knows what they're talking about 🙂 I am getting very frustrated with the whole situation. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Post back your results it will be interesting to see what happens. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Sbhmum

Sorry to hear of the problems you've encountered when trying to get BT Entertainment and Sport.

I can have this investigated for you, send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Message sent to Mods 30/1/15.

0 Ratings