Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

BT TV Essentials

Hi,

Do BT TV Essentials customers also get the new Sport pack for free ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV Essentials

The BT Sport web site seems to say it is: "BT Sport Pack is free for all BT TV customers"

See https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport/?s_intcid=con_intban_btsport_pink_butt and expand the question "How do I get BT Sport Pack?"

0 Ratings
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I have the Essentials "pack" and have received an email demanding £5 a month for the new "Sports pack".

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

I think that sums up the complete shambles that surrounds the new BT Sport contracts.

PaddyB
Message 5 of 11

Hi Guys,

If you have BT Broadband and watch BT Sport on BT TV, then the BT sport package is free as long as you are in contract. 

The BT Sport pack over the Sky Digital Platform is £5.00 per month for those customer currently under contract for their Broadband. Out of contract customer on the Sky digital platform will pay £6.75 + £5.00 per month.

Thanks

PaddyB

umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

@PaddyB wrote:

If you have BT Broadband and watch BT Sport on BT TV, then the BT sport package is free as long as you are in contract.

Interesting as the info BT published last year for season 2 (2014/15) made it very clear that BT Sport on BT TV customers didn't have to re-contract their BT broadband to continue to get BT Sport for free. Those with Bt broadband and BT Sport on Sky did have to re-contract on completing the braodband contract minimum term or pay the £6.75.

I myself had BT Sport on BT TV for free for several months after completing my broadband contract minimum term, and before eventually re-contracting broadband on a discounted deal.

If the rules have changed for season 3 then that's the sort of thing that BT should be making clear somewhere on the web site as it's difficult to find any detailed info about such things even in the legal stuff small print or terms and conditions. A 'BT Sport season 3 prices' help page similar to the one published for last season wouldn't go amiss.

0 Ratings
Ian
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

I've just received an email saying it will cost a fiver if I don't sign up for 18 months even though I am a BT TV Essentials customer, quite apart from having to sign for 18 months which is a long time, I am currently on a special deal price which is only half way through, so for me it won't be 'free' at all, it will actually cost me more.

How do I cancel the sport completely, I don't want it and certainly don't want to recontract and lose my existing deal.

I'm really REALLY fed up with BT changing the rules every few months.

0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I'm in the same situation (reduced price Essentials till October). Someone posted a screenshot in one of the threads showing that any special offer you are on will continue until its current end date. The only thing is that you won't be able to negotiate a new offer at that point.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

Ian wrote:How do I cancel the sport completely, I don't want it and certainly don't want to recontract and lose my existing deal.

You phone 150.  Then go through BT's horrid menu system to get to the cancellations department.  Tell them you want to cancel BT Sport.  You are supposed to give 30 days' notice, but when I phoned, they just cancelled it immediately.

Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

There is one other option. Suck up the £5 per month charge until the end of your contract, then phone up to renew. You will then be in a better position to haggle. Something I'm considering as my contract ends in January.