cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT TV Everywhere problem

Go to solution

I've had BT TV for 3 weeks with YouView Box.

I have a laptop and a Tablet that have been the only mobile devices I would have watched either 2 devices BTSport or BT TV on but tonight I got a TVE_P928 on my laptop. I have exceeded my devices-HOW? The Android tablet seems fine

I can see the two devices registered - but no way of knowing which is which + there is a 30 day rule before registering new devices.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT TV Everywhere problem

Go to solution

Just discovered that the Android tablet is NOT working either on BT TV only SPORT. On phone to tech support only to be cut off after 20 minute wait.

I only have two devices I have (can) use so how can I exceed the Max2 devices?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

NOW I AM ANGRY!!!!

3 attempts to talk to Offshore - each time get through and either cut off when explaining problem or put on hold and cut off. They dont understand the problem - the last one had that usual opening line- stick a pin in the modem.

WHY? THE INTERNET WORKS FINE  (Infinity 76 down 16 up) 40/14 on Wifi - YOUVIEW WORKS FINE. It is just the Everywhere that is saying I have exceeded my 2 devices - but I only have two. They have not changed.

If I delete the devices from BT Everywhere - I have to wait 30 days before I can register a new device.

Any chance of a MOD getting involved Please????

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi DigitalDave,

I'm sorry about the problems using your BT Everywhere app.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I am pleased to report this problem is now fixed with the help of the UK support team.

Hopefully this might help others. Whilst you can only have two devices registered at anyone time, if you login FROM A DIFFERENT BROWSER, this will count AS A NEW DEVICE, SO IE and Firefox are counted as devices. You currently have to wait 30days when deleting a Device. In my case the system appeared to be totally locked and did need the BT fingers.

Thanks to all behind the scenes for sorting.

Word is BT Everywhere will evolve with changes and hopefully the 30days will be reduced.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
I too am having the same problem. I registered 2 devices last July: iPad and PC and both allowed access to BT TV Everywhere. However, trying to access BT TV to watch a programme the other day on the iPad I got the error message TVE_P928 - device limit exceeded. Under Settings it only shows the 2 devices. I note in the solution that if a different browser is used it counts as another device. I have NOT used a different browser. I always use Internet Explorer 11 on the PC and Safari on the iPad. The only thing that has happened since installing these 2 devices last July was a couple of updates to IOS. So, back to the drawing board for a better solution to this problem........
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@SGM-445334.  You should be using the BT TV app  rather than the Safari browser on the IPad

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
I think some clarification is due here with regard to my mentioning browsers in my last post. I only referred to which browsers I was using because this had been referred to in a Solution given by another Forum member stating that if users change browsers, the BT TV app sees this as a new device. I am not using browsers to access BT TV (I didn't think this was possible anyway) and I haven't changed browsers since first using the BT TV app that was installed last July. BT TV Everywhere is accessed from both my iPad and PC using the BT TV app. In the case of the iPad, the app was downloaded from the Apple App Store. The BT TV app works OK on the iPad insofar that I can view the programme guide and also send programme recordings to the YouView box, but I cannot watch live TV on this device now despite being able to in the past. On the iPad I get the error code TVE_P928 - number of devices exceeded. However, on the PC this error code is not displayed as I am able to watch live TV via the link from the BT home page i.e. 'Find & Watch TV>Watch TV. When viewing the devices under the Settings option on tv.bt.com it shows that I have two devices only; the iPad and the PC - both registered in July 2015 and no additional devices have been added since. So, why is it that BT TV Everywhere works on the PC, I only have two devices, but won't work on the iPad now? Could it be due to the Apple IOS updates that have taken place since the first installation of the BT TV App? Any help on this would be much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
I have the same problem can't find a fix
0 Ratings