Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: BT TV Starter, but using my own boxes

Go to solution
You need to remember even though BT say the content on the box is free, they may charge u incorrectly if you are on the capped usage and something goes wrong with the system and makes it look like you are not viewing through the box.

If you pay bill fully each month you can usually get this sorted quickly, but is still a shock to the end user. If you are on monthly payment plan, it can take longer to resolve (bt put your monthly payment up) and get your payments back down to the level u are happy with (can take upto 9 months to get sorted if you don't pay bill off first)

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 25

Go to solution

As is a frequent occurrence according to the posts on this forum 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 23 of 25

Go to solution

It can be hard work on here at times !

Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

It is disappointing that posters seek to critise other people who give advice.

sodafountain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 25

Go to solution

@zulu17

Why can I not criticise a poster that gives me advise, that is incorrect?

@NeilO gave the correct info, that it is as per the T&C of BT, which is what i was after.

Being told to just pay an extra £13 a month, just in case BT make a billing mistake, is not, in my opinion, the correct advice. Some people may be happy to throw extra money at a company, but why should I, if the T&C's state otherwise?

For information, I got my Youview+ box from my son-in-law (he had a spare after updating to UHD), I plugged it in, and my usage went from 1GB a month, to 5GB in the week before my BT TV was enabled.

The broadband usage checker also stated that as 4.8GB of my usage was through a Youview box, if i get a BT TV subscription, it would not count against my usage.

BT TV was enabled on Wednesday 10th Febraury, i didn't plug in the box they sent me, instead selecting the BT icon on the Youview+ box, and setting it up that way, then running a firmware update, all the pay channels then appeared (they weren't on the EPG originally), and i could now access BT Sport on this box.

I have used On Demand, BT Sport, Netflix, and my usage still states that i have only used 5.3GB for the month, so all is working well, and i didn't need to move onto a service that is not required, just because BT might make a billing error (if they did, I would just contact them for a refund).

0 Ratings