cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Total Entertainment with Extra box?

The title says it all really, does anyone know if its possible to take the Total Entertainment Ultra HD pakage with an extra box subscription for the Mini Youview box?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Total Entertainment with Extra box?

Hi @Mallett94,

You can't watch Ultra HD on a normal YouView/YouView set-box . At the moment you can't have a second Ultra HD set-top box. If you have a line speed of over 70mb per second you can still order a YouView or YouView+ set. You'll get more details at this link.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

I was aware that I wouldn't be able to access the Ultra HD channel on the second box i.e. the current one the Mini box, however I should be able to get all other channels?

And are you saying there is a minimum line speed requirement to take a second 'normal box' of 70mbps? I think that our connection on average falls slightly undere 70, our sync speed with the excchange is more around the region of 65/66mbps 😕

Nathan
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I have Ultra HD and an extra HD box, both work fine without any issues.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jam,

What''s funny is that the second box won't even be in use when the Ultra HD channel is being watched, so there isn't really an issue of not enough bandwith :(.

The main reason I posted is that on the online order system, with Entertainment Max I get offered to take an extra box subscription, but with Total Entertainment, I don't get offered the extra box subscription xO
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I was in a similar situation as you Mallett94 last year. I had multiroom with Entertainment Max but if I tried to order UHD then my multiroom was going to be cancelled. It depends on your line speed. Even though my multiroom box was in daughters room with a scart lead only using SD channels at 2 Mbps, I still couldn't get UHD without cancelling my multiroom box.
0 Ratings