Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT TV - a shamble!

Go to solution

Apologies for my rant, but it needs to be said.

Ordered BT TV before the new year as a replacement for Sky which ended yesterday and our new BT TV equipment got delivered, good so far.

Upon setting up we found that the extra channels (which was most important to us) weren't working despite trying to activate them, it then directed us to a help line.  We contacted the help line who then advised it can take up to midnight (totally understandable).

Next morning, extra channels still not activating, rang the help line again, advised us that they will activate and complete our TV order in the next hour or so and should be up and running by mid-day.  Said the delay was due to computer errors.  1:30PM and still not up and running. 

Go on to a live chat who then said, the order is not due to complete to mid february and said this isn't right and that they will manually complete the order whilst on chat, still not activated, they then advised it can take up to an hour.

3:30PM comes and goes, still not up and running, had another live chat, useless guy gave me the run through how to set the box itself up, erm... the box is already set up and connected as I'm watching BBC one on it. So that was a failed communication.

Getting sick of not having the premium content, I decided to threaten to cancel my TV service since BT cannot hold their promise to deliver.  Guy on the other end repeatedely saying your service won't activate until 16th Feb as that is your activation date, well what is the 31st Jan activation date that I have in front of me on the BT order tracker?, said it was the delivery date.  At this point I am laughing, no, the activation date is going to be today, not tomorrow, not in a 15 days time, NOW! (bearing in mind I have been told different answers and sick of it).  I understand it's not his fault but at least apologise.  He has said that he will request the order to be completed and activated on Friday!!!

I understand this is a customer to customer forum, but seriously how can BT mess up a simple order to add a TV service?? Not a good impression...

I have changed my activation date for my TV service from an orginal date so that it is earlier, that is all.

What is BT going to do to reimburse me for my time spent chasing up the order, loss of days of service and unhelpful staff who cannot give you a simple straight answer.

Sort it out!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT TV - a shamble!

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
stewartc581
Regular
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

when I signed up to BT I was informed an engineer had to set up the You View box. They waved the installation fee so I thought what have I got to loose.  1 day before fibre broadband and phone switched on as per activation. date. Following Day BT engineer arrived set up my You View box and all the premium channels. I have the top package and every add on about 263 channels.i also have my mobile with BT, I'm happy with the service and have recontracted for a further 2 years. The only fault is the long wait if you need to contact customer services

Charles Patrick Lawrence Stewart Bsc (Hons)
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @NorthEasterner

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the delay activating your IP (multicast) channels and I appreciate the time that you've taken to try and sort this out.  I agree that all services should be working from the date we originally gave you.

Can you send us over your details and we'll check what's causing the hold up and get those channels working?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Thanks for replying

I'll send a message to you now RobbieMac.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Smifta2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Try updating the box's software. I had same issue but after updating the software everything appeared. Also ensure you wire directly to your hub and not via those if socket devices
0 Ratings
Smifta2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Plug socket that should say
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Smifta2015 wrote:
Try updating the box's software. I had same issue but after updating the software everything appeared. Also ensure you wire directly to your hub and not via those if socket devices

that's supposed to be the point of sending an engineer to do the install I think. Personally I don't like having people come into my house and am perfectly capable of installing an ethernet cable. Having said that it only cost £15, I think the first thing the engineer did was upgrade the software

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It activated today finally.

I have an BT UHD box and using the powerline adapters that I selected at the time of the order for £20.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @NorthEasterner,

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings