cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT TV black screen on Netflix

Every now and then I settle down to watch Netflix, I go through the menus and select the film to watch. I click play and it goes through the loading motion and appears to have worked. However, the screen is black. I can hear the audio but the screen is black. I have to switch the box on and off again, and it works.

Any ideas?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV black screen on Netflix

I get the same occasionally. Exiting the Netflix app and going in again fixes it usually for us. Hopefully a software update will stop it. It's a shame as it usually works fine and the picture quality and motion smoothness is the best I've seen on any of the Netflix devices ( smart TV, Xbox, Chromecast) I have.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Agree, but it's like pre-remote days. I have to get up off my **bleep** and switch off and on. More annoyingly is when the kids use Netflix.

I assume BT are aware of the issue, and are going to fix it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

See other thread on this in the link below.  Maybe doesn't add much, but do you also get the small preview pictures when cueing/rewinding (for want of a better phrase)?

Haven't had it happen as much over the last few weeks, but don't know if the box has been updated in that time.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Netflix-Occasional-black-screen/td-p/1500414 

0 Ratings