cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT TV box closing down SONY tv?

HI All,

Have been helping my  parents get set up with Broadband and BT TV this week...it's been an intense journey!

They have a Sony tv, which is around seven years old.

Since connecting the BT TV box, the tv has started behaving oddly.   It shows a message similar to "turning off after X hours of idle time", then turns off.     

Has anyone come across the BT box impacting a televisions behaviour?

cheers

mike

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT TV box closing down SONY tv?

That is either the BT box saying that because the box is not being used for so many hours - or more likely the tv is saying it as no-one has used the tv remote for x hours. I say most likely the tv as they are now using the BTtv remote and no longer actually using the tv remote.

Both can be changed in the settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
Message 3 of 9

yeah they don't touch the tv remote now...next time I see them I will have to explore the settings on their tv

cheers

m

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Have they entered the code for the television into the remote control?

If they haven't then the BT remote control will adjust the volume on the box instead of on the TV, hence no matter how many times they use the (BT )remote (be it to change channels or whatever) the TV will see no user interactivity and will shutdown according to the power settings

A thank you is nice, it makes the effort worthwhile, but a kudo is better, by a country mile. (I'm no poet & boy don't I know it)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

HI, no I dont think they have entered a code for the tv...where will I find a code?

cheers

mike

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/legacy/G4%20RCU%20TV%20brand%20setup%20codes.pdf.

If they haven't then that will likely be the problem

A thank you is nice, it makes the effort worthwhile, but a kudo is better, by a country mile. (I'm no poet & boy don't I know it)
Message 7 of 9

Thanks...I'll look up how/where they enter that code.   cheers

edit:   I found the BT page with the instructions...it didn't work with my Sony tv but will give it a whirl with theirs.   cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

It should work if you use the right code, I have a Sony TV myself and mine works fine

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

HI, I used 4985 but at step 3 my tv didn't turn off  (after the flashing blue light...)    I'll give it another whirl this evening     cheers

0 Ratings