Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ditcheat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT TV following Broadband upgrade

Go to solution

I've had BT TV Essential (a Humax T1000) with unlimited Broadband for a couple of years now and have just ordered an upgrade to Infinity. Should my TV package alter automatically when the upgrade happens as all the documentation I can find on the 'wonderful' BT web site appears to say that the Essential package isn't available on Infinity. What should I have instead -Entertainment Starter?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV following Broadband upgrade

Go to solution
I would expect your TV package to stay the same unless you specifically ordered a change of package.

Just because BT no longer advertise TV Essential on new TV contracts on Infinity doesn't mean there is any technical reason why it won't work on Infinity. I've had TV Essential on both Infinity and standard broadband.
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
If you do want to change TV package then you are probably best off talking to the Customer Options Team (0800 800 030) and see what they can offer if you agree to re-contract BT TV for a minimum of 12 months on a new package. They can often offer discounts or perks to existing customers re-contracting.
0 Ratings
Ditcheat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Cheers, I'll see what happens when Infinity is enabled. I don't want to confuse them!!

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Although BT no longer the TV Essentials 'package' they let me retain it when I switched to Infinity 1, and renewed the Contract at the same time.

They also agreed to let me keep the £3.20 per month discount, so that I was effectively only paying £2.00 for it, although I do realise that this will soon increase slightly!

0 Ratings