cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT TV v Netflix

I subscribe to Netflix (£6/month) and pay about £3.25/month to unblock.us so I can access Netflix US from my Xbox or PC at home. The Netflix UK catalogue isn't great, but the US one is massive.

BT Sport and 18 extra channels will arrive on the Youview box in the summer. So I'm happy to pay £7/month on top of my BT Infinity 2 sub. I just want to know how the BT OD catalogue compares to Netflix? And how can I find out what TV series are on there?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT TV v Netflix

http://www.btvision.bt.com/listings/freeview/

See the link above, you can also search for any content.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

I think the vision content for drama and films is really quite poor now although there is a fair bit of documentary and nature programs. None of the tv is hd although most of the films are and are actually very good hd streams compared to Netflix in my opinion. Shame about the film content though. Personally at the moment I would wait for the extra channels and just get those along with Netflix.

I assume the bt website has content on?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

Are you joking about films?? As there is a large content of films which are updated weekly and also in HD.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

No!! I don't think they update much and having 100 odd isn't much at all compared to Netflix. I have both and I don't think its even a contest, plus as a family we can watch on 4 android devices as well. I have had bt vision since the start so I am a supporter, but the content hasn't kept up with the competition.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

the films aren't updated that much and there isn't a huge selection, especially when you remove the duplicates for HD listing.

Nowtv films are updated more regularly and more recent titles. they also have huge selection compared to BT vision. just shame not in HD on youview.

Netflix also has better choice of films and later stuff than BT vision.

yes BT have good selection of TV series, but the film side is a big let down and dont forget warnertv leaving end of may so content further reduced
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

Strange as I am on the Netflix free trial and dont find anything on there to watch which I havent already seen.

However with BT Vision there is plenty on there which I havent seen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Must be on different service on both then compared to others. There is a huge amount to watch compared to BT vision, and if u use unblock us you get a lot more content.

I've not watched a film on BT vision since November, and only 3 TV series and one of them had to watch on Netflix as BT never showed whole series and another recording from TV to watch as again not all on BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

@jam2000 wrote:

http://www.btvision.bt.com/listings/freeview/

See the link above, you can also search for any content.

I wouldn't trust this link, especially as according to it there are only 128 films available to watch (180 if you include duplicated HD titles)

Ideally the page should show titles and for it one say 'also in HD'

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

"if u use unblock us you get a lot more content"

???  why bother with paying a monthly fee for using Unblock,  you can get US Netflix by using Google USA DNS servers at no extra cost ;o)

0 Ratings