cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT TV

It's activation day. I come down to find my sky router isn't working. Plug the brand new BT router in and it works straight away. Brilliant. I plug the TV box in and go through the set up but only to find I've been sent the 2100 version of the box instead of the 4000. I signed up for the max package VIP. I've already tested my line and am getting ,50mbp plus so why the hell have BT decided to try and send me a 1080p box when I've paid for all the ,4k packages....?? 

This is after not having NOW TV for six days due to a setup mistake!!

As the sign up pages had no info about the 4k box I thought it best that I ask to make sure I would get it  and when I called up regarding this problem I asked two different people if I would be receiving the 4k you view box when it arrives and was reassured by both of them that this is what I would get as I have the VIP package. I called them again today to tell them I haven't received the correct box to be told that it was because my line was estimated to receive speeds between 44-50 Mbps and that's why I was not sent the 4k box. 

However my line clearly supports faster than the reccomended 34mbps. And then they tell me that I have to wait until tomorrow and call back. This is yet another day where I'm not getting what I've paid for from BT.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV

Hi @cullivan123 

you should have received the T4000 box .

Whether you can receive the 4K Bt Sport ultimate channel on your box would be down to the broadband speed .. 34Mb would be below the threshold that BT set.

However there are other 4K content that a T4000 Box could play from Netflix , Prime Video , and sometimes  Iplayer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@cullivan123 

I think there was a recent issue regarding the availability of the T4000 units, maybe that's the reason why although that is clearly not acceptable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @cullivan123 I'm sorry you've been sent the wrong TV box, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.