cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hedgie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT (Talk21) email account deleted - can't reactivate?

Go to solution

I have the same problem as other users have highlighted recently. I can no longer access my email account either on webmail or in Apple mail. I read that the answer was to login to MyBT  and then Email and press the reactivate button but there isn't such a button there! I have had a Talk 21 email address for 20 plus years and access it all the time on my iPhone/Apple Mail. Has the account been 'deactivated' because I haven't accessed webmail for 90 days perhaps? How can I reactivate?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT (Talk21) email account deleted - can't reactivate?

Go to solution

Hi @Hedgie and thanks for posting.

Have you tried using the format youremailaddress.T21@btinternet.com?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Hedgie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks David I think I have at last sorted it! I don't understand why I have to make sure I log into webmail every 90 days even though I access my emails many times a day on apple mail!
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Hedgie wrote:
Thanks David I think I have at last sorted it! I don't understand why I have to make sure I log into webmail every 90 days even though I access my emails many times a day on apple mail!

Simply accessing the account (which clearly uses a password and then contacts the server database to check) should be enough to keep the account open and active.

A vast number of users don't go anywhere near webmail - so it's clearly a fault.

This has happened before, and I can't recall if the issue was ever solved.

Hedgie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ye I agree Andy_N! Sorted now anyway

0 Ratings