cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanok
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Text Alert - delayed texts

Has anyone else noticed that texts are quite slow in being delivered lately? Sometimes many hours after a message was left. This useful and surprisingly little advertised facility is one of the few reasons I have kept subscribing to the 1571 messaging service, to get an alert and pick up a message left on my landline from my mobile.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Text Alert - delayed texts

Hi Nanok,

Thanks for posting. It might depend on the network you’re on or what type of phone you’re using. Give us some more details and we’ll take a look.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Nanok
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks David

I am on Vodafone with an iPhone although our number was originally Cellnet (that ages me!) an 07803 number. It has worked fine for a long time but only recently gets delayed by some hours sometimes. Not always though. Many many years ago before I retired from "The Department" (Ages me even more!) there was an issue with texts getting stuck between providers, so each was saying our bit is OK. It got sorted eventually when someone decided it was a challenge to sort. The problem seems in part that it is a feature not well used, because no one knows about it!

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
wellfan
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Same problem.
I have been using 1571 with text message alert for a couple of years now. Text message was always sent immediately.

Recently the text message alert has been taking 12 hours to alert me of a message on my home phone.

Nothing has changed my end, same phone, same mobile contract with Vodafone.

Any thoughts?
0 Ratings
wellfan
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Anyone?
0 Ratings