cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT UHD Box - iPlayer Lip Sync Issue

I am having significant lip sync issues when using iPlayer on my BT YouView UHD box. The box is connected to the TV direct, via HDMI, without a separate audio amp.

I have tried adjusting the synchronisation delay ms setting on the YouView box but that makes the problem even worse.

Other channels and players seem OK from what what I've watched, its just iPlayer which seems miles out.

I have followed the BT advice at bt.custhelp.com but is did not resolve the issue.

It seems to be that iPlayer is significantly different, sync wise, to everything else. I have tried various iPlayer programmes and they seem the same.

iPlayer built into my TV and also PS3 as fine.

Finally, I've played the BT Player UHD test video and the sound sync on that seems spot on.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
JohnC2
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT UHD Box - iPlayer Lip Sync Issue

Hi @dgilbert2 Sorry your having a problem with the lip sync on your UHD service.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Before starting a major investigation, toggle the application into and out of Beta mode close it and then restart. That's resolved similar issues for me in the past 

Instructions ....

1. You View

2. Players and Apps

3. Players

4. BBC iPlayer

5. * Settings

6. Try new features in iPlayer BETA

7. iPlayer BETA

8. Close

9. Guide 

10. Select a programme from the Guide 

11. Repeat 1-10.  

Now try accessing the iPlayer from either the Players or YouView backwards EPG and see if the fault has gone. 

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Thanks @KernowChris for your suggestion. I have followed your steps to toggle iPlayer Beta on/off but I could not tell any difference Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Is anyone else having this problem with the UHD box?

0 Ratings
OLD_MAN
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I have many problems with the UHD box and I am slowly eliminating each one as I discover where they emanate from.  Can you confirm for this specific problem that you have, are you using the ethernet cable supplied by BT with this UHD box?  That it is directly connected to the BT Hub with no extensions and no 'ordinary' ethernet cables in the circuit.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Yes, I am using the ethernet cable to my BT Home Hub. My issue is only with iPlayer.

0 Ratings
Wreptile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I also have a lip sync issue on my UHD youview box. The picture is ahead of the sound so the adjustment setting does not help. I also notice the 5.1 sound does not work using the optical out to my amp. I have selected the setting to output surround but no difference.
0 Ratings