cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT UHD not available in my area

Got a phone call last night asking if I wanted UHD, I said yes, as it would only cost £49ish to change box, no change in monthly subscription. Said they'd call me back, but I didn't get a call, we got a lot of other phone calls, so may not have been able to get through.

Called back today, only to be told it's not available in my area??? I apparently have the speed, already have BT TV, but the UHD channel isn't available to me 😕

Any ideas, sounds very odd, would have thought it wasn't an area, by area, thing.

Owen

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT UHD not available in my area

What's your area?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Could be that fibre multicast isnt yet on your exchange

if you put your number in https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput 

Does it say Fibre Multicast available at the bottom of the outputs?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I've got same issue in oldmeldrum 01651 exchange
Fibre multicast is enabled though so not that

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Same problem here - 01268 Laindon exchange. Confirmed my line speed was ok at 52 me it and just said the computer wouldn't allow the order as bandwidth was a problem at my exchange which sounds nonsensical as a reason and something BT should fix - I've suspected my ip profile has been capped for a while looking at the stats grrr.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

i notice my exchange/cabinet is marked as high demand by openreach, is this the issue?

i was one of the first to get fibre in the area about 18 months ago, sppeds have dropped dramatically in the intervening months from 65 down to 46. resulting in me downgrading to infinity 1..

bandwith contention?
bt throttling the lines?

ni extra headroom to up the line for uhd profile.?
0 Ratings