Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
damview
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT UNLIMITED ANYTIME 3 MONTH OFFER - MIXED MESSAGES

Hi!

I'm going to downgrade my BT commitments when I find out when my current contract ends - BT won't tell me!

Anyway - BT currently have a BT UNLIMITED ANYTIME 3 MONTH OFFER - Now I take this to mean that I get 'free' unlimited day, night, evening, morning, breafast, lunch and dinner calls to UK numbers.

Silly me!  It apparently means nothing of the sort as, hidden in the conditions at the bottom of the page, condition 2, it says they will be charging a 9.9p call setup fee!  Oh! BTW the calls arn't unlimited either!

Oh! And you can only make 5 calls a day or they will charge you for every call you make from then on! [Monthly limit 150 calls / 30 days = 5 calls a day.

Eh?

Looks like they want their subscription fee for their 'free calls' and then go on and charge you for each call!

Will someone explain what BT is up to and is this false and misleading advertising?

Here are the details from their website below [I have highlighted the important bits]:

Unlimited Anytime Plan – 3 months free

This special deal gives you 3 months FREE anytime calls when you sign up for 12 months. With unlimited UK* landline calls included – any time of day, any day of the week – you can talk whenever you feel like it.

Key features

• Unlimited UK* Anytime calls
  • Inclusive 0845 & 0870 calls^
  • BT Answer 1571 voicemail and other Calling Features can be added to your line
  • FREE customer support – call us any time you like
  • A 12 month term applies

Monthly price

For the first 3 months all you pay is £11.54 a month line rental, if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and opt for paper-free billing1. Full price of £4.99 a month plus line rental applies from the fourth month (£16.53 a month total).

Call pricing

Calling UK landlines2

• Weekend calls: Inclusive
  • Evening calls: Inclusive
  • Daytime calls: Inclusive
  • PLUS 200 texts included every month from your landline to other UK landlines and mobiles3.

Calling UK mobiles

• Daytime calls: 12.5p/min
  • Evening calls: 7.4p/min

Calling international destinations

See the latest international call rates at www.bt.com/international.

Important information

* Means calls of up to an hour to numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03, excluding the Channel Islands. Other exclusions apply.

^Availability of inclusive 0845 and 0870 calls of up to 60 minutes duration (excluding indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access) dependent on residential BT Calling Plan, eg. Anytime with the Unlimited Anytime Plan. Fair use policy applies – max. 1,000 mins or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on free calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice.

Unlimited Anytime Plan – 3 months free. Offer extended to 30th June for orders placed via BT.com or by special invitation. Available to new Unlimited Anytime Plan residential customers signing up for 12 months.

Discount via bill credit. Line rental payable at £11.54 a month. Usual cost of Plan (£4.99 a month) applies from month 4. Costs quoted with Direct Debit and paper-free billing. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time. Exclusions and conditions apply.

1. Otherwise add £2.75 a month (£1.50 for payment processing fee levied by BT Payment Services Limited, a BT Group company, plus £1.25 without paper-free billing discount). Discount is via bill credit. Set-up paper-free online at www.bt.com/paperfree once your BT account is active.
  2. Calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands. 9.9p call set-up fee applies. For inclusive Weekend, Daytime and Evening calls over an hour calls are charged at 5.9p a minute. You can hang up and redial to avoid call charges.
  3. Text enabled handset and compatible line required. Texts will be received as voice automated texts unless you have BT Caller Display. Some calling features affect SMS service. Available to 01, 02 & 03 numbers & UK registered mobiles only. Unused texts cannot be carried forward. Other exclusions, Fair Use Policy and conditions apply.
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT UNLIMITED ANYTIME 3 MONTH OFFER - MIXED MESSAGES

You got the total wrong end of the stick and have not understood the terms correctly,

The call set up fee is only applied to calls that are chargeable or not free for example if you are on the UWP and make a call through the week,if you take out the UAP all landline calls are free upto a hour and you do not get charged a set up fee,

The fair use policy only applies to 0870/0845 and 150 calls or a 1000 minutes for these numbers is very fair
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Thanks Omniescient,

I have not got the 'total wrong end of the stick' - maybe a little bit.

I now understand the 0870 etc number bit BUT please read para 2 - clearly states there is a set up charge for 01,02 numbers etc.  Para 2 does not refer to 0870 numbers.

I am still of the opinion that it is a con, either that or the convoluted legalise language that BT uses to explain [and dare I say, confuse and conceal] information may come back and bit them where it hurts.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Wrong stick; wrong end!

The call set-up charge ONLY applies to CALLS OVER ONE HOUR.

Re-read your red highlight carefully.

This is a good deal with no hidden extras.
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

If you read it carefully you will find a full stop after the Para that states there is a call setup charge.

Calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands. 9.9p call set-up fee applies.

It's very clear. 

If it is a mistake BT should correct it, if not BT should be challenged - which is exactly what I am trying to do but BT is strangely quiet on this issue - why?  What are they hiding?

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 19

Where did you get this?

It looks strangely unprofessional, ungrammatical and contradictory.

You sure you weren't phished? Else post the BT web link where it is?
Message 7 of 19

Hi eveyone,

I pulled these for the terms on our site:

Unlimited UK landline calls are for up to an hour to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, after which pence-per-minute rates apply. You can hang up and redial before the end to avoid charges. There are exceptions like calls to the Channel Islands. See our terms and conditions for details.

Inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Availability of inclusive 0845 and 0870 calls of up to 60 minutes duration (excluding indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access) dependent on residential BT Calling Plan: weekends only (with the Unlimited Weekend Plan) or any time (with the Unlimited Anytime Plan). Fair use policy applies – max. 1,000 mins or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on free calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice See Terms & Conditions for full details.

When making a chargeable call, a 9.9p call set up fee applies.

Calls to 0871 numbers will cost no more than 10ppm plus 9.9p set up fee; Calls to 070 no more than 50ppm, with a maximum set-up charge of 50p. View full price list (www.bt.com/personal/pricing)

Hope this clears things up

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Hi CraigS,

Thanks for that BUT you seem to have found a different version of the T&C's - here's a copy and paste of the terms I was just offered - at 1130 today - by BT.  You will see they are different from yours.  So why at least two versions?  How do you expect a customer to make an informed buying decision when given conflicting advice by the company selling the product?  Is the BT website giving out mixed messages as I said at the start of this thread.  Clarification is in order please.

Unlimited Anytime Plan

This Calling Plan gives you unlimited UK* landline calls at any time of day, any day of the week – so you can talkwhenever you feel like it.

Key features

• Unlimited UK* Anytime calls
  • Inclusive 0845 & 0870 calls^
  • BT Answer 1571 voicemail and other Calling Features can be added to your line
  • FREE customer support – call us any time you like
  • A 12 month contract applies – after which you can move to a different plan.

Monthly price

All you pay is £4.99 plus line rental.

Call pricing (UK landlines1)

• Weekend calls: Inclusive
  • Evening calls: Inclusive
  • Daytime calls: Inclusive
  • PLUS 200 texts included every month from your landline to other UK landlines and mobiles.

Calling international destinations:

See the latest international call rates at www.bt.com/international.

Important information

* Means calls of up to an hour to numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03, excluding the Channel Islands. Otherexclusions apply.

^ Availability of inclusive 0845 and 0870 calls of up to 60 minutes duration (excluding indirect access numbers anddial-up internet access) dependent on residential BT Calling Plan, eg. Anytime with the Unlimited Anytime Plan. Fair use policy applies – max. 1,000 mins or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on free calls is exceeded, BTwill charge for these calls until further notice.

1. Calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands. 9.9p call set-up fee applies. For inclusiveWeekend, Daytime and Evening calls over an hour calls are charged at 5.9p a minute. You can hang up and redialto avoid call charges.

Available to eligible residential customers signing up to the Unlimited Anytime Plan with a 12 month minimum term. Standard rates apply to calls to mobiles. Subject to availability and exclusions, e.g. customers currently benefiting from some BT special offers or deals. Terms and conditions apply.

Seems to me that BT has no clear and concise method of getting all their employees singing off the same song sheet.

0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Hi XRaySpex!

Here is : the URL your were after:

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=29803&pageTit...|%20Unlimited%20Anytime%20Plan%20%C2%A34.99%20a%20month

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 19

Yes, it's wrong! You are right to seek clarification.

It's the phrase "9.9p call set-up fee applies.". It is wrongly positioned; it should follow the "calls over an hour" sentence.

I can assure you that 01, 02, 03 calls under 1 hour are entirely free on Anytime Plan, cuz I've been on it for years and never paid a penny for them.