cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT UNLIMITED ANYTIME 3 MONTH OFFER - MIXED MESSAGES

How did you navigate to it? I can get your link but can't see how you ended up there.
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

You've got to go go to their front page - phone - unlimited anytime - get in now - yes to have a bt line -  put your tel no in box and your post code - confirm you are account holder - after the check you have a list of options - just click on 'Learn more' under 

Unlimited Anytime Plan £4.99 a month

and a pop up appears.

hAVE FUN

0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Anyone from BT able to tell me why you have different terms of contract on the same product in deifferent parts of your website and also which ones we should trust?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 14 of 19

Hi Damview,

I have had a look at your posts and I still cant see a difference Smiley Happy

Heres what you posted:

Calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands. 9.9p call set-up fee applies. For inclusiveWeekend, Daytime and Evening calls over an hour calls are charged at 5.9p a minute. You can hang up and redialto avoid call charges

and my post:

Unlimited UK landline calls are for up to an hour to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, after which pence-per-minute rates apply. You can hang up and redial before the end to avoid charges. There are exceptions like calls to the Channel Islands. See our terms and conditions for details.

Inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. Availability of inclusive 0845 and 0870 calls of up to 60 minutes duration (excluding indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access) dependent on residential BT Calling Plan: weekends only (with the Unlimited Weekend Plan) or any time (with the Unlimited Anytime Plan). Fair use policy applies – max. 1,000 mins or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on free calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice See Terms & Conditions for full details.

When making a chargeable call, a 9.9p call set up fee applies.

They both say the same thing.

The important parts here are

'calls up to an hour'

and

'When making a chargeable call, a 9.9p call set up fee applies.'

so

Calls over an hour are a chargeable call and are charged at the standard rate, call set up fee included.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

The problem is with your quote from DamView:

CraigS wrote:

1 Calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, excluding Channel Islands. 9.9p call set-up fee applies.

This is footnote 1 to Call Pricing is Inclusive for all calls, but it says nothing about the length of these calls, so it says that a 9.9p set-up charge applies to all 01, 02, 03 calls.

Yes, over an hour calls are mentioned in the next sentence, but that is too late. The call-set-up fee applies to what was said before; it should have been moved to after the over an hour calls.

Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Tell you the truth I've lost interest.

end of posts.

0 Ratings
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 19

I think everyone has lost intrest in this damview,if people are unsure about something ask for the answer then move on who honestly wants to complain about the position of grammar etc and has time on there hands to go over every detail and count every goosebump on there body.
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 19

@Omniscient wrote:
I think everyone has lost interest in this damview,if people are unsure about something ask for the answer then move on who honestly wants to complain about the position of grammar etc and has time on there hands to go over every detail and count every goosebump on there body.
Maybe so, but the grammar in question appears in BT's T&Cs and is therefore contractual. A prospective customer cannot agree to sign up to something that is ambiguous and would not hold up in Court.

Also, I presume there are other interested readers or is this not a forum?

Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

@XRaySpeX wrote:
Yes, it's wrong! You are right to seek clarification.

It's the phrase "9.9p call set-up fee applies.". It is wrongly positioned; it should follow the "calls over an hour" sentence.

A perceptive analysis XRaySpeX - I agree! I remember puzzling over this for a long time when I was considering the UA package. It is very confusing, and BT should correct it at once.

here's the the link (via tiny url)

and the full one : https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=29809&pageTit...|%20Unlimited%20Anytime%20Plan%20with%20Friends%20&%20Family%20Mobile

to which damview refers.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)