Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Ultra Box

Go to solution

I was sold a TV ultra box by one of BT's overseas call centre agents.  BT will not enable the Ultra channel because my line speed is too low. My cabinet info says High 45.2  Low32.4.  I have line speeds of 35 Mbps.  I understand that Ultra requires 28.5 Mbps to work. Again one of the overseas agents assured me that ny line speed would be 45Mbps and indeed one of the UK's call centre agents told me it would be ok and could take my order now. I have bought a new 4K tv because of all this and I am dissapointed bt BT's stance on this.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Ultra Box

Go to solution

Any help or advice from a moderator on this please.

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Not even a response from a moderator. Just like BT customer care pretty useless
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DrewN and thanks for posting.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I'm sure we can sort this out for you. Can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

DavidM Did you get my details. Many thanks for your offer of help

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DrewN,

When you post on the Community Forums you are posting to the Community for help. If they can't help it's usually flagged to us to review. That's the reason why we hadn't replied originally.

We have received your details sent across to us this morning at 11.09am Smiley Happy

We'll look into it and get back in touch with you over the next day.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Engineer to visit to morrow to squeeze some more bandwidth out of line.

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Engineer arrived on 22/12 as promised and carried out speed and wiring checks.  Checked speed next day and BTW speedcheck

said 37.25. Homehub stat said 39.48. The person who arranged the engineer's visit phoned on 24/12 to say that a colleague to

whom he had to talk with,was on holiday over the Christmas period but he would ring me on 3/1/17. No call up to now so I don't know what the situation is at present. Any technical reason why ULTRA can't be enabled ?.

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Phone call this morning to say that ULTRA will NOT be enabled.  No technical reason given except to say that the minimum speed to enable would be 42.5. Thanks to all for their help on this but my 45 year period with BT is coming to an end.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Similar issue here - was told UHD would work and was upgraded and sent UHD box at a cost of £50.

UHD box was installed but 4k channel would only say subscription required.

The UHD box test says it is suitable for HD and UHD  -   but after four weeks of me calling for updates I was called back to say they could not enable the 4k channel due to line speed.

I have had to call BT several times over different issues and whenever it is a technical issue the support - well I can't really comment on the support as there does not seem to be any.

My own speed tests run at around 52mb - but BT now say it is too slow.

My arguement is not whether the speed is good enough - but why I was sold the system on the basis it would work.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings