Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UGJammin
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Unable to take over phone line

Go to solution

Hi,

We've just moved house (into rented accommodation) and we put in a request with BT for broadband. They have contacted us to say the request for them to take over the phone line was denied and they are unable to help unless we can get permission from the current line-owner.

Unfortunately they were unable to tell us who the line owner is (only that it's not a BT line) or how we can contact them. The landlord contacted the previous tenants who confirmed they had a BT line and they cancelled the contract and paid their bill prior to moving out of the property so we're now a bit stuck.

The only piece of advice the BT saleman had was for us to request a brand new landline and pay an installation charge - he also said this could take quite a long time.

Has anyone had a simialr situation? If you have, were you able to overcome it? We have virtually no mobile signal so are dependent on a landline for broadband.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Unable to take over phone line

Go to solution

Hi @UGJammin,

If you've only moved into the new accommodation, it could be the case the the previously tenant has hasn't stop there service or they could be in the process of moving that to their new address. Unfortunately BT isn't able to take a service over is there is a pending cease order or if the service is in the process of being moved.

If you like, I can take a look at this for you to see what can be done. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

UGJammin
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It's almost a month later but I'm tryping this connected to BT Broadband! This is definitely down to the support team based on these forums so a huge thanks to all of them involved. @PaddyB 

PaddyB
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @UGJammin,

Thank you for posting back. I'm really happy to hear that your connection is up and running, please once again accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings