Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeTeeCustomer
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Unfathomable

Go to solution

I have been calling BT for over 3 weeks in order to get a new phone line installed but I am unable to get anywhere as there is no internal communication and a complete lack of understanding as to what is going on.

All I want is a phone line in a normal residence. BT is unable to co-ordinate this and keeps messing things up.

The existing line belonged to a man who was evicted a month ago and he had it as a business line in a private residence.

Here is what has happened so far:

1: 21st Feb - Place order for new line expecting installation within days.

2: 23rd Feb - Discover it is a working line take over as previous owner didn't cancel the line.

3: 23rd Feb - Told to wait 7 to 11 working days for takeover.

4: 25th Feb - Told there is a problem with order but a new order will be installed on the 8th March

5: 2nd March - Someone from India calls to verify that I am the new tenant on this line and assures me the take over will be in 2 or 3 days.

6: 8th March - Told installation is now due 11th March. (Which actually later changed to 14th but no luck)

7: 10th March - Told there is no order and they will have to investigate and call me back. Nobody calls.

8: 11th March - Spoke to manager of call centre who said he will sort it out and call me back. Nobody calls.

9: 14th March - Called BT business team to find out if anyone from the take over division ever cancelled the line or did anything. Nothing.

10: 14th March - Told by BT business that there is a 5 year contract by the previous evicted tenant and I have to put the contract in my name in order to cancel it. Weird but if thats the way it works.

11: 16th March - Told by BT Business it will take 28days to issue a business take over / investigation and then the guy cut the call mid way after I had been holding for 35 minutes already - twice.

Each time I call it takes ages to get to the right department and I keep getting transferred repeatedly.

Its just a nightmare and I URGENTLY NEED THIS LINE INSTALLED.

Is it LEGAL to withhold a phone line service? Who is responsible here? Me, Landlord, Evicted Tenant or BT???

Can someone make head or tail of what is going on!?!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Unfathomable

Go to solution

Hi BeeTeeCustomer and welcome

Crikey!

Use the following link to ask the forum mods to look into this for you - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Mark the subject 'Urgent Line needed' - for reference

As it's urgent, I'll also flag themSmiley Wink

Let us know how it all goes

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
BeeTeeCustomer
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I have completed the form as you suggested. I will keep you informed on the progress.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Okey dokey. I'll hopefully hear that it's all sorted...

(They are awareSmiley Wink and will be looking out for your formSmiley Happy)

0 Ratings
BeeTeeCustomer
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Contact made and I will update tomorrow when I get the final verdict.

0 Ratings
BeeTeeCustomer
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

WOW - I was just informed the following: 

"Just to confirm we have been advised by BT Openreach that an Engineer has been assigned to complete this work for you in the morning between 8am and 1pm."

What can I say - I am still in a state of shock! It appears the forum works rather well!

🙂

Thanks to Stuart - the BT forum moderator!

Final update when I am actually up and running...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Aye, this forum and the forum mods (with their fairy dust) goes a long waySmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
BeeTeeCustomer
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

BT guy arrived at 8.30am and only left just after 1pm due to a fault that had to be traced back to the exchange.

Anyway it's finally installed and working - Thank goodness!! Smiley Very Happy

For the record BT has 'issues' with converting a business line to a residential line especially when the previous tenant does not disconnect or pay the bill. Turns out its quicker to install a new line which normally takes 28+ days...

Finally I can order my broadband which should take no longer than 7 days and then I can finally get back to work. BT needs to realise that broadband is an essential service just like water and electricity. Some of us make a living online!

Thanks to everyone involved and I hope BT sorts out their internal problems surrounding these issues.

0 Ratings