Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT VPN

Hi There....

I wonder can anyone here help me with my problem?  I got BT Wifi inculded on my Vodafone Mobile Price Plan and for Security reason I has installed BT VPN onto my Iphone for using BT WIFI hotspot.

I managed to Installed VPN but when I connected to BT WIFI and as I tried to turn on VPN . its just said something like VPN is not responsing !!!

Can anyone give me some advise what to do? I got 2gb data BT WIFI included so I would like to make the most out of it but at the same time I want to keep all my data on my iphone as Secure as possible when connecting to BT Hotspot!!

thank you in adance for advise.

kitkat388

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT VPN

Hello,

I would like to help but I'm a little unsure of what you are trying to do.  Smiley Embarassed

VPN as I understand, allows a "tunnelled" connection between two points, one a VPN client and one a VPN server.

I have VPN(VNC) set on my Android phone so I can connect back home " securely ".

Is this what you are trying to do ??

I needed to make port 5900 available, you can use another port if you want.

Cheers..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

I think it's this. Until recently it was impossible to download it, and I gave up trying despite some assurances that it was being fixed.

The OP did well to get it installed but it still seems to be problematic.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Hi C1Rider

Thank you for your repled. As you know when connecting to public hotspot is very dangerous as Hacker could get your datas easy as without any protection!! that" including BT WIFI .

When I connected to BT WIFI I would like to use the free software from BT which give me a bit of extra protection.

BT VPN.

do you know how to get it working? thanks

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi pottyperson.

Thank you for your repled. Yes. that"s what I am talking about. BT VPN.

I managed to downloaded it when I connected to BT WIFI and installed it onto my iphone but !!!

but when I connected to BT WIFI and then I tried to switch on the VPN its just said  " VPN server not respnding "

I feel more secure to use hotspot if I got some security ,

Do you know how to sort it out?

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@kitkat388 wrote:

Hi pottyperson.

Do you know how to sort it out?

Sorry, no. I'm not a technician and have no practical experience of the VPN as I gave up trying the download it. I'm sure you'll get some helpful advice here though.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings