Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Vision On Demand - Stalling/Not working & Slow Broadband

Hi....

All weekend I've had trouble trying to watch On-Demand shows/films on my Vision Box - It takes a long time for it to find them and then when I try and play something it takes ages again to load and then just stalls completeley.  I've tried films and tv shows - ALL the same problem.  (Error V04?) Recordings seem fine.   As well as this my broadband is very very slow and internet pages are not loading correctly - pictures missing etc or the page cannot be loaded at all.

I've tried all the help suggestions - powering on/off, restarting etc and no improvement.  I did try the test socket on the BT phone line which then miraculously worked!  But obviously then my phone line is dead!  But Broadband and On-Demand TV is working!

I told all this to the BT Help Desk lady on 0800 111 4567 - She said since my test socket is working there must be a problem with my phone connection (white box) and that I would have to pay for an engineer to fix it!?  If this is the case why is my phone line working fine?  I'm very confused and annoyed as it's a bank holiday and I want to watch the BT On-Demand that I pay over £20 a month for!  HELP somebody please! 🙂

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Vision On Demand - Stalling/Not working & Slow Broadband

This sounds like a problem with your broadband speed, so I am moving this to the speed and connections board.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

If it works in the test socket, where do you normally connect your home hub to?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

you can connect a phone as well as your hub to the test socket by just using the filter as normal.
0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Through the normal socket BT on demand/catch-up won't play and my broadband is very slow. Through the test socket the phone line is dead but BT vision and broadband are fine. This has all just started over the last few days - I've had BT for over a year and no problems.
0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

I've tried that but the phone line is dead 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

if your phone does not work in the test socket then it should not work in any socket - did you check?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Yes! I did all that before I even phoned BT!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

it sounds like a line fault once repaired your vision and broadband should also improve
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

it is possible foir your broadband to work but not your phone as broadband only need one of the cables to be ok whereas phone needs both

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings