sm100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Vision Rant

I received my BT Humax box this week but nothing works on it. Received 28/01/2014.

The Freeview channels breakup constantly, using the same cable plugged into the Smart TV the picture is fine.

None of the extra channels including BT Sport work using a direct Ethernet cable. I have tried on both the Home Hub and also on a Netgear router.

I now want to cancel this as nothing works and I will therefore not pay for it. Following a telephone call this afternoon I have been told I have to pay to cancel. How is this in any way right?

I also had a £35 activation charge for what it hasn’t been activated.

The tech person suggested an engineer visit, I explained I work and can therefore only do Saturday so he then suggested an appointment for next Friday!

Do I now need to take legal advice or is there someone within the organisation that can help me?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Vision Rant

What signal strength do you get on the freeview channels. You can get this by going on one of the channels and then going into settings and finding the TV signal quality option. Twin tuner boxes will always need a stronger signal than a single TV as it obviously needs to split between two tuners.

What Broadband speed are you recieving

0 Ratings
sm100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

The Humax shows the freeview at around 30% the infinity was 58mb
Really not happy, just want to cancel and not pay for the privilege .
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

30% that sounds very low to me and am not surprised it breaks up. Although the IP channels would work no problem with 58mbs, sound like they are not setup properly.

You could try checking your entitlements in the menu as below.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision-box/Cannot-receive-hd-on-bt-vision-box/td-p/1153298/page/4

0 Ratings
sm100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks I have been through the set up. The ip channels goes through the set up but then hangs with an error. Can't tell you the error as I have disconnected it to return it.
0 Ratings
sm100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Is there a Mod who can help me get this cancelled please?

thank you

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

You will not be able to cancel without paying the cancellation charges, unless it is proven that the fault is caused by BT, and they cannot fix it.

You may need a replacement box, and an improvement to your TV aerial.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 8 of 11

Hi Sm100

I can have this looked into for you, as Keith pointed out in his post send me an email using the Contact the Mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
sm100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how much the cancellation is, considering it has never worked and who to contact to cancel?

thank you

Sean

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

You need to wait until you get a reply from the contact form, as any discussions would be private.

If you have already filled in the form, then keep a note of your tracking number, and someone will be in touch in a few days, to discuss the next steps to take.

Meanwhile, this page gives you the cancellation charges.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

0 Ratings