cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Vision/You View

Can some one help me? We've received our You View box but we're not sure about connecting via wifi. Are the power line adapters meant to be supplied, or do we have to get them ourselves? The box has arrived early with connection due on Monday 3rd. I'll be a bit narked if we do have to get them.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Vision/You View

I was wondering about this too and found this thread a bit further down the message list

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Powerline-adapters/td-p/694452

I've already sent a message to request a set.

It'll be worth you doing the same.

Good luck!

Martin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

If you don't get anywhere with the adapters, try a TP-LINK TL-WR702N mini router from PC World. Connects via ethernet cable to the YV box and wirelessly to your Router. Also it is very small and compact.

Robin. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I've sent an email requesting some power line adapters. I found through reading another post that they should have been requested at the time of ordering You View. I did mention at the time we needed wifi connection. Hopefully we'll get some before Monday. Looking forward the You View experience. Thanks for the help and advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Our power line adapters arrived... with another youview box. I set it up yesterday and so far it's been a good experience. I spent the afternoon poking around, seeing what's what. There seems to be enough to watch and it's cheaper than Sky. (The extra box is being collected, by the way!) I'd recommend getting it, if you're not bothered about sport.

0 Ratings