Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Vision or SKY ?

Go to solution

If it is sport that is important to you then sky, at the moment anyway, has to be the way to go.  For the same sort of price as BT you will get all 6 sports channels on sky, which includes the F1 channel.

Another thing to consider is that if you join sky as a basic tv customer they will almost certainly give you an initial offer like 3 months half price sports.

As for concerns about the BT sports channels being on sky - I don't think there is any chance they won't be.  But they won't start for another 9 months anyway.

0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Who suggested there may be concerns about the BT channels on the Sky platform? They WILL be available via satellite - fact. You won't have to subscribe to a Sky package either - BT are retailing it themselves.

They've already got placeholder channels broadcasting on EPG slots 445 & 447, labelled as 'Sailing 1' and 'Sailing 2'. These, in time, will be renamed 'BT Sport 1' and 'BT Sport 2'.

0 Ratings
jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

@PBS83 wrote:

Who suggested there may be concerns about the BT channels on the Sky platform?

Andy_247 did on the first page of this thread where he said

"You'd be gutted if you signed up to Sky based on their sports, only to find next summer that you had issues getting the two or three sports channels that BT is launching."
I was responding to that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
AndyKyle
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you for your help, I think I am going to hang on and see what the New Year brings ( or doesnt ! )
0 Ratings