cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Vision +

Received a mail shot today asking if I wanted Youview. Went onto the site and started to check and was shown a screen with a list of channels I could get (20) and then another screen with channels I wouldn't be able to get (74). To say I am confused is an understatement. I am ssuming BT Vision is the name of the service so, if they are supplying me with a Youview box why wouldn't I get 74 channels, a large proportion of which I already get on my freeview tv? ANybody know what is going on here?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Vision +

I assume it thinks that at your pist code you would only get a limited selection of Freeview channels

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hmm, a quick look at the freeview site tells me I can receive all freeview channels (and I do). Not too sure about this so may be better to just buy a pvr and bypass BT, especially reading some of the comments on here!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

What channels is it telling you, you can and can't get posting a list here might be helpful.

I would thoroughly recommend the Humax YouView whether you get it from BT or John Lewis.
I would steer very far away from the Vision+ box.
The Humax YouView box is probably the best PVR on the market.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply. Not sure why giving you the list of channels BT say I can't get will be of any value. If BT say I can't get them then I won't be using there services. Bear in mind these are channels I already receive on my smart tv and confirmed via the freeview site for my postcode. I think I'll give bt a miss.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

I was trying to be helpful. Something in your original post made me uncertain as to whether or not you understood the difference between multicast and broadcast channels. The list would also allow us to see which muxes it claimed you couldn't get. The next step once we had that clarity would have been to get the Mod team involved to see what was going on and to be able to give you the assurance you needed to order the product.

That's how help works here. If all you can do is moan in another thread about help proffered here then I'll just go back to enjoying my holiday.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Well thanks for your condescending and pompous response. If you care to read my first post you will see I wasn't complaining, just asking a very straight forward question which was, why does BT tell me I won't be able to receive 74 channels via what is effectively a freeview box when freeview tells me I can (and I currently do). I still am unable to fathom what on earth difference it makes whether I supply the list of channels BT tell me I can't receive. If I can't receive them then I'm not interested in the product. Not sure why the mod team should get involved, either I can receive the channels or I can't and was just looking for a heads-up. If I have to involve a mod team to investigate why I won't be receiving access to something I already can then clearly it's not the product for me. Enjoy your holiday.

Oh, I almost forgot, as for 'moaning' in another thread, I was replying to somebody else who is experiencing the same problem as me and advising them that the only advice received so far was to supply the list of unobtainable channels.  Which still doesn't explain why BT claim that he (and I) won't receive channels which we currently do without using the BT product.

0 Ratings