Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratbasher
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT WB 900/8 MK2 box and an electric mains plug BT 78T Protolink Carrier System

Go to solution
The line coming in the house from the telegraph pole goes through the MK2 box and if I switch off the mains plug which is presumably powering it (they are on different floors) the phone line goes dead. I need to remove both the box and the electrics. What do they do, who do I need to ask to remove them, (BT presumably) but what do I describe them as when I place a service order.. Thank you
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT WB 900/8 MK2 box and an electric mains plug BT 78T Protolink Carrier System

Go to solution

That is an old DACS unit which may still be needed, although most of them should have been recovered by now, unless there is a dire shortage of cable pairs to your area.

It Openreach who would have to deal with that, but you will need to make the request via your phone service provider.

Ask them to arrange removal of a DACS unit.

If all else fails, you may be able to place a request directly to Openreach, using this form, if its outside.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback.do?contactReason=remove_relocate_external_networ...

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Ratbasher
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT WB 900/8 MK2 box and an electric mains plug BT 78T Protolink Carrier System

Go to solution

Huge thanks for the advice and apologies for the delay in replying/acknowledging. The service is now provided by Chess Telecom so I'll contact them The unit is indoors.

0 Ratings
Ratbasher
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Apologies Keith

I messed up on the 'ticking who solved it' part

Full credit to you

Regards

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

More info if you are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Access_Carrier_System

They are not used any more, but there is still some out there.

0 Ratings