Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT WI-FI App

yep you are quite right imjolly, sorry didn't know which comment you were referring to.

0 Ratings
JBB
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Jac 95 your screen shot sums it up. I'm using the android version but even when at a friends house who is a BT customer I can connect to his hotspot but nothing shows on the map. So it would seem that it is the app that is faulty. Also you link to the BT  http://btwifi.hotspot-directory.com is taking me to a company called BSG Wireless.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

If the app is working, as in it's making the connection for you, I would not be too worried about the lack of the hotspots on the map.

They are only a very rough guide and bear no relation as to whether or not the hotspot is turned on or in range of where you can access it from, ie the pavement. The map is in fact next to useless.

If you want to find a hotspot just scan for one and you will invariably find one particularly if you are in a city.

0 Ratings
JBB
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Yes thanks for that. It's just annoying that something designed to help as the opposite effect.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

@JBB wrote:

Yes thanks for that. It's just annoying that something designed to help as the opposite effect.

Welcome to most of the software designed by BT.

0 Ratings
peterharley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

I don't use the app now but from memory when you selected hotspots a map of your area showed the hotspots but there is no way that my device's wifi could detect these signals so they must have been based on BT data records of customers.there does seem to be an issue with displaying the BTWifi Hotspots on the map. It should give you the postcode locations but at the moment it is a blank map with my current location. For some reason when your NOT connected to a BTWifi hotspot then BTWifi locations "pins" are not being displayed.However when you are connect to a BTWifi hotspot the BTWifi locations are now displayed.This suggests to be a configuration issue on either the BTWifi app or on the database which stores the active BTWifi hotspot locations.

All this modern technology just makes people try to do everything at once
0 Ratings