Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT WIFI WITH FON

Go to solution

I have a static caravan, in fact I have just moved from one on the same site. In my old caravan I could connect to a number of FON hotspots. I have moved about 250 yards and now I can't get a connection, or rarely can. Any suggestions to rectify this. Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT WIFI WITH FON

Go to solution

as BTWIFI/FON is only available a short distance from the BT Hub then from what you say there are no BT hubs active near you now and unless you get a BT customer with a hub near you there is not much you can do.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

You could try using an outside arial such as the Outdoor 11n (150Mbps) WiFi Rocket Antenna. It may pull in a week signal however it can only be used with a USB port. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

From the replies here there would not seem to be a solution. I only switched to BT because of BT Wifi-with-FON. I switched from Sky Broadband, which in every other way is infinitely superior to BT. I guess that ,if I don't find a solution, I'll be switching back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

So it's BT's fault that you have moved out of range of the signal you previously connected to is it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

If my suggestion of an exterior aerial is of no use to you, there is an other solution albeit just as ridiculous as your suggestion that it is BT's fault that you are not in range of a BTWifi hotspot, move your caravan nearer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

You're expecting wifi to be like a mobile service and give blanket coverage. It isn't and it doesn't.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Read my post again, that's not what I said! Do you work for BT or something? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

As previously stated .....that's not what I said. Is this site independent or populated by BT groupies?

0 Ratings