Am unable to get the app to connect via Android or IOS and web pages come up blank if I got to http://http://mybtdevice.home
*The operating system of devices connected to Whole Home - Android or iOS: Android/IOS/Windows
*The version of the Whole Home Wi-Fi app installed on your devices: v3.7.18
*The firmware version of your Whole Home Wi-Fi discs: v1.02.10 build02 (upgraded today to see if it would rectify the issue)
*How many Whole Home Wi-Fi disks you have: 3
Total number of devices connected to the entire network is close to 30+ (combination of phones, tablets. consoles, cameras, TV's)
System has had multiple reboots and I have factory reset all of the Wholehome kit today and set it back up. It worked for about 10 mins, allowing me to rename devices, however it then the app shut down and told me it could not connect.
All devices are connecting to the network and are running perfectly, so on that side of things, the kids are happy.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Hi @llawnroc welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with the complete wifi app. Did you uninstall the app before doing the reset and setting it back up today?
Many thanks for the prompt reply. In answer to the process you posted, I have followed those steps twice this evening and end up in the same situation.
I've pulled on all my IT support knowledge of the last 22 years within the service management arena and cannot understand as to why this has happened.
The issue arose around 3 weeks ago and still have not been able to resolve the problem.
Below is what some of the web pages look like!
Thanks again for the response
@llawnroc, thanks for trying and I'm sorry that didn't help. I'd recommend that you get in touch with the helpdesk as I don't have any further suggestions, they'll be able to raise a fault to get this investigated. You can get in touch with them by phone: 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm or by email: email@example.com
I did send an email the the support team, but they came back today, with the same plan of action of remove everything and start again!
However I did t his yesterday after moving on the beta program for the firmware and android application. I reset all the discs, removed the application and changed the disc that I had has a primary device. Surprisingly after an hour of messing about, everything worked, the web pages were loading and the application was responding.
This evening, I came home from work and checked, everything again was as it should be. Turned on my new TV and the web pages & app failed to load/connect. The new TV is Hisense with built in Roku software so was wondering if there was something with the NIC or software that would impact the BT app / discs.
Same story here. Can connect the Ip-address of the system but below screenshot shows up. App can't connect neither.
To help understand what could cause the issue - can you confirm the hostname of your Hisense TV? If you can't use the BT Whole Home user interface to see this, you can check the device list on your router - It should show a name for the device (e.g. hisense-tv)
The device ID and MAC address of the TV is:
I do have a couple of other unknown devices on showing up, but these are the details for the HiSense TV
Any thoughts about this ongoing issue.
I have been in touch with the helpdesk, but they've gone very quiet on me. So I'm assuming from their silence there isn't an actual fix for this issue at this time.
If you do have any other thoughts or ideas on resolving this that would be great! On the plus side my kids can't ask for any more internet time!! 😄
I have exactly this problem. I tried resetting all the discs, and everything worked - but after setting up as new, as soon as I changed the SSID and password to what I need my home network to be, it all fell over again. Now i have that exact issue, unable to use the app and a partially functioning web interface. Meanwhile wifi and web access are all working fine.