cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Wi-Fi app for kindle fire HD

Hi, I would like to download the BT wi-fi app to use on my kindle fire hd.  The only place I can find it is on google play, which doesn't work with the kindles.  Is the kindle not supported or can I get the app from somewhere else. Thanks.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Wi-Fi app for kindle fire HD

you don't need the app - just check the available wireless networks, select BTWIFI and then connect. sign in to BT broadband customer using your primary bt email address   ****@btinternet.com and password.  sub accounts do not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

After you've logged in once, do you have to type your user details in every time after that, when you find a hotspot.  The app seems to find a hot spot and signs you in automatically.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

not sure how kindle works but my S2 will log on to BTWIFI when I am out and about without any need to login.  you can try when you are out but if kindle can remember logon then probably will just connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Re: BT Wi-Fi app for kindle fire HD security

Having difficuly with my Kindle HD WIFI. iT SEEMS THAT EVERYTIME i WANT TO ACCESS MY EMAILS I have to input my details (security). As I am very slow and make many mistakes in inputting the details I,  many a time just give up! My fingers tips seem to be too clumsy. Is there any way around this by not having to imput the details every time? 

I did try to download the app( Like SeanJ) but without success.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Hi and welcome.

Sorry I can't help with with the app and Wi-Fi,

but as regards inputting details have you tried a Touch Screen Stylus

I have arthritis in my fingers and find them invaluable for touch screens.

They are relatively cheap these days. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Yes I have a stylus pen but not too good with it! Thanks for your interest

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

I don't know the Kindle set up but have you checked within the email settings to see if there is a box to tick that will remember your logon details. While it might not be as secure, if you are the only user then it might be worth less security for the convenience of not having to constantly sign in.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Regarding the stylus' for tablets. can I just mention they come in all sorts of sizes. I have one that is about the thickness of a small ballpoint pen and another that is chunky like a joiners marker / pencil the chunky one is better for my arthritic hands. Both were bought from Amazon...

Hope this helps.

Sunny Sheppey

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

I have tried to access the live player on a Kindle Fire using the system recommended by  imjolly, but I get a message saying "This video is not available on this device". At present I cannot use Smart Tv, my kindle, or my PC to use the live player. In the case of Smart TV and PC the problem I think lies with Silverlight, which Smart TV does not have, and my PC runs Linux Ubuntu and the Moonlight clone of Silverlight can be installed, but does not seem to work. Very frustrating!

0 Ratings