cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Wi-Fi on the London Underground for iOS

Hi,

Does anyone know when Wi-Fi on the London Underground will be available for iOS? My contact is almost up and wondering whether it is worth renewing or if I should move to a new provider that supports it, obviously I'm not using the tube now with the lockdown but I don't want to be stuck with another 2 year contract with no Wi-Fi access on the London Underground.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Wi-Fi on the London Underground for iOS

@davidza 

It shouldn't be OS specific, have a look here: How do I get free wi-fi on the London Underground? | BT Help 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 6

Free Wi-Fi access for BT Mobile customers on the London Underground

try copying and looking under this, says no ios available yet

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@CJT80wrote:

@davidza 

It shouldn't be OS specific, have a look here: How do I get free wi-fi on the London Underground? | BT Help 

It most definitely is, you'll see that in the very first sentence of the page you linked:

Now all BT Mobile customers with an android phone can get free wi-fi on the London Underground

iOS shows a logon dialog when attempting to connect.

IMG_4573.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@aubreydwrote:
Free Wi-Fi access for BT Mobile customers on the London Underground

try copying and looking under this, says no ios available yet

Hi, yes I'm aware of that, my question is not if it is available but if anyone knows when it will be available

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi, if you have a Mac/MacBook you can download Apple Configurator 2 from the App Store and create a Wi-Fi profile (which I imagine is what BT are aiming to do) with the required settings. Someone has made instructions here: https://www.gyroscopegroup.co.uk/ee-and-london-underground-wifi-fix-for-iphones/.

I have tested this myself (with WPA 3 as the security type) and works on iOS 14.5. When you connect for the first time it will open a login page which should say "Success" and you're good to go.

0 Ratings