cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why99
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Wifi App Doesn't Work on Nexus 7 Tablet

Hi anyone who is listening.  Doubtless this has been asked before, but the latest version of the BT Wifi app no longer works on either of my Nexus 7 tablets.  It used to work fine (for years), but now reports "There's an unexpected error causing a problem", plus some sage advice about closing and restarting the app.  This doesn't work, and nor does reinstalling the app. The really, really annoying thing is that this occurs when entering the credentials, which it duly doesn't save.  So if you want to try again, in go the credentials.  Again.  And again.

Anyway, as I say, it used to work fine, but now it doesn't.  This is frankly a little sad.

Does anyone have any inkling why, other than it's just broken now ?  As in, thanks a bunch BT, there goes a little more of the value I used to get for my not-insubstantial monthly cost ?

Thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Wifi App Doesn't Work on Nexus 7 Tablet

Until and if the problem gets resolved I take it you are aware that you do not need the app in order to connect to BTWifi. You can connect to BTWifi then open a web browser and log on via the landing page.

0 Ratings
Why99
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I am aware of this, thanks.  When it last worked, the app used to quietly connect whenever it came across a BT wifi network, allowing your email to be delivered, which was really handy if you were out and about.

Looks like it's over, anyway.

Thanks

0 Ratings
kensim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

You will have updated to Android 6, Just found out tonight, battery optimisation is problem, settings, battery, menu dots battery optimisation select all and swich off optimisation, has worked a treat on my Nexus 6, 7 2013 & 9. PS always forget BT Wi-fi with fon, just before you connect (I've being doing that for so long nearly forgot this essential part) Hope this helps you! Ken
0 Ratings